[net.games.rogue] digestion ...

jss@dicomed.UUCP (John Salmi) (11/02/84)

I'll make this short and sweet - does running (as opposed to walking)
tend to speed up digestion ?   I've found that the rogue gets hungry more
often when running (now, you are probably going to say "Of course, you are
moving faster, thus burning up your food faster", but I'm not that dense.)

Anybody got any answers?

Thanks in advance!

--

  John Salmi - "the software guy"
  DICOMED Corporation

  {ihnp4,mgnetp,uwvax}!dicomed!jss

davis@hplabs.UUCP (Jim Davis) (11/10/84)

>	From: jss@dicomed.UUCP (John Salmi)
>	Newsgroups: net.games.rogue
>	Subject: digestion ...

>	I'll make this short and sweet - does running (as opposed to
>	walking) tend to speed up digestion ?   I've found that the
>	rogue gets hungry more often when running (now, you are probably
>	going to say "Of course, you are moving faster, thus burning
>	up your food faster", but I'm not that dense.) Anybody got any answers?

It is strange; I get the same feeling, and yet a perusal
of the source shows that no such effect can occur (rogue 3.6).
I suspect it is the fact that the game goes runs faster.

--
					 Jim Davis (James W Davis)
				{any_of_the_biggies} !hplabs!davis

bwm@ccice2.UUCP (Brad Miller) (11/14/84)

> >	From: jss@dicomed.UUCP (John Salmi)
>
> >	I'll make this short and sweet - does running (as opposed to
> >	walking) tend to speed up digestion ?   I've found that the
> >	rogue gets hungry more often when running (now, you are probably
> >	going to say "Of course, you are moving faster, thus burning
> >	up your food faster", but I'm not that dense.) Anybody got any answers?
>
> It is strange; I get the same feeling, and yet a perusal
> of the source shows that no such effect can occur (rogue 3.6).
> I suspect it is the fact that the game goes runs faster.
>
> 					 Jim Davis (James W Davis)

Running and searching use up 1 extra 'food point' each time you do the command.
Thus walking 1 square uses 1 fp, and running 1 sq (into a wall) would use 2.
Running long distances the %age is very low, however.

Brad Miller

--
...[rochester, cbrma, rlgvax, ritcv]!ccice5!ccice2!bwm