[gnu.emacs.bug] {diary,holiday,calendar}.el & crypt.el won't clear lock ??

eho@clarity.Princeton.EDU (Eric Ho) (01/05/90)

The latest version of {diary,holidays,calendar}.el (posted on Dec 27 89' from
reingold@m.cs.uiuc.edu) and crypt.el (as of 1988 by Kyle E. Jones) won't clear
entries in the Emacs lock directory -- i.e. the file name entries still remain
in the lock directory after the buffer has been killed.  This is true is one
is visiting a compressed file using crypt.el and no changes have been made to
the file and the buffer is then killed.

Oh well ...
--

Eric Ho
Princeton University

kjones@talos.uu.net (Kyle Jones) (01/09/90)

Eric Ho writes:
 > The latest version of {diary,holidays,calendar}.el (posted on Dec 27
 > 89' from reingold@m.cs.uiuc.edu) and crypt.el (as of 1988 by Kyle E.
 > Jones) won't clear entries in the Emacs lock directory -- i.e. the
 > file name entries still remain in the lock directory after the buffer
 > has been killed.  This is true is one is visiting a compressed file
 > using crypt.el and no changes have been made to the file and the
 > buffer is then killed.

Fixed.  buffer-file-name wasn't being restored early enough; Emacs was
trying to unlock the filename sans the .Z suffix.

I've made enough mods to crypt to warrant a repost, watch for it.  And
thanks for reporting the bug.