[gnu.emacs.bug] Problem with sending mail

wwb@UUNET.UU.NET (Bud Bach) (02/02/90)

Emacs v18.54 (berkley unix) is giving me fits when sending mail to local
users.  When user "foo" sends mail to user "bar" the From field has "bar"
in it and nowhere is user "foo" mentioned.  Here is a example header of a
message sent from user "root" to user "wwb" using C-c C-c:

> Date: Thu, 1 Feb 90 15:50:22 EST
> From: wwb (Bud Bach)
> To: wwb
> Subject: A test message from root...
>
> Just a test...

If the name sent to is an alias with a list of names the mail appears to
come from the first person on the list.

A little about the environment:

Sun 3/60, SunOS 4.0.3, sendmail, yp.  The berkley mail program works
fine.  Internet and uucp addresses work fine from Emacs.

I tar'ed Emacs off a tape from the FSF with:

	tar cvfp /dev/rst8 ./emacs-18.54

and built it with the m-sun3.h and s-sun4.h files and X support.  Installed
it in the expected spot with:

	make install

root owns all the files.  Used Sun's cc.  Any ideas? -- Bud

Bud Bach   				Voice: +1 407 984-3370
Software Productivity Solutions, Inc.	FAX:   +1 407 728-3957
122 4th Avenue				email: uunet!sps!wwb
Indialantic, FL  32903			or:    sps!wwb@uunet.uu.net