[gnu.emacs.bug] Mh-e.el antisocial??

wohler@sap-ag.de (Bill Wohler) (06/17/91)

rtor@ansa.co.uk (Owen Rees) writes:
>> 1) If I try to start out my mh session by doing mh-visit-folder, it
>> complains because the mh-temp buffer doesn't already exist. Ugly... I
>> get around this by doing an mh-list-folders first, but that's a kludge.

>You should start mh-e throught one of mh-rmail, mh-smail and
>mh-smail-other-window. These call the function that sets things up.
>mh-rmail and mh-smail are set up in emacs to autoload mh-e so you dont
>even have to load it yourself.

>(I worked this out by reading the code.  Is it described anywhere?)

  not that i know of.

  the emacs manual only describes rmail, dissociated press, and other
  "amusements".  i would suggest that these be taken out of the manual,
  per se, and placed in another texinfo file, along with descriptions
  of ftp.el, mh-e.el, and all the other packages in the lisp
  directory.  for the user, having all these packages organized and
  neatly documented in one place would be far more preferable than
  having to peruse a random directory.

  followups to gnu.emacs.bugs.
--
						--bw