[pubnet.sysops] XBBS

root@conexch.UUCP (Larry Dighera) (11/23/88)

In article <1068@hsi.UUCP> tankus@hsi.UUCP (Ed Tankus) writes:
>I have tried, unsuccessfully, for several weeks to obtain a copy of XBBS.
>Calls to Sandy's board always seem to get a busy signal.  I had hoped to obtain
>a copy with the thought of bringing it up under Bezerkely 4.3 or, sigh, an AT
>running Xenix.

You can always get a copy of the latest XBBS source code from conexch via
anonymous UUCP.  It resides in /usr/spool/uucppublic/ALLbbs.tar.Z.  You'll
find a Systems/L.sys entery for conexch in my signature.

>If anyone has it running under Berkeley, please(!) let me know.  Otherwise, a
>plain vanilla copy of XBBS will do.

You'll have to contact Sandy (the author) about the BSD porting of XBBS.
He is aware of which sites have successfully done the port.

There are so many sites running XBBS worldwide now, that Sandy has lost
track of just how many there are.  It may be time to institute a mechanism
that would maintain a list of active XBBS sites.  Anyone have any ideas
on the best way to implement this?

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)