[net.games.rogue] Hacking the Scorefile

carlton@masscomp.UUCP (Carlton Hommel) (12/13/84)

In article <234@oliveb.UUCP> long@oliveb.UUCP (Dave Long) writes:
>I wound up appearing on the high score
>list.  If you think its no fun playing in wizard mode, it is even less fun
>actually winning.

It is possible to hack the scorefile in wizard mode.  At least it was for
version 3.9; I don't know about these newfangled 5.x versions.

After you die or quit, you are prompted to
[Hit (space/return) to continue]

If a wizard types	"list"
he will see a score list with (user name) appended to each entry.

If a wizard types	"edit"
the game will stop after printing out each name, and if 'd' or 'n'
(I forget which; its been a while) is typed, that entry is deleted
from the scorefile.

	Carl Hommel
Wife:  I wanna play!  I wanna play!
Husband:  No!  I just genocided the Umber Hulks.  Go bake some cookies.