[gnu.emacs] Compiling EMACS for use with X?

rang@cpsin3.cps.msu.edu (Anton Rang) (01/12/89)

This is probably a very obvious question, but...where does the
Xkeyboard.h file come from when compiling EMACS under X11?  We haven't
been able to find it in either R2 or R3.  Does it exist?  Does it have
a weird name?  What are we missing?
  Please reply to 'pegah@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu'.

		Anton

+---------------------------+------------------------+----------------------+
| Anton Rang (grad student) | "VMS Forever!"         | "Do worry...be SAD!" |
| Michigan State University | rang@cpswh.cps.msu.edu |                      |

bob@monster.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (01/13/89)

In article <1492@cps3xx.UUCP> pegah@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (Mahmoud Pegah) writes:
>...where does the Xkeyboard.h file come from when compiling EMACS
>under X11?

Are you sure you have the symbol X11 #defined along with
HAVE_X_WINDOWS in src/config.h?  <X/Xkeyboard.h> is only found in
xterm.c, which is used for X10; and it isn't used in x11term.c, which
is used for X11.  If HAVE_X_WINDOWS is #defined in src/config.h, and
you don't #define X11, the default is to [try to] make an X10 client.