[gnu.emacs] 18.53 available

rms@WHEATIES.AI.MIT.EDU (Richard Stallman) (02/24/89)

Emacs version 18.53 is now available on prep.ai.mit.edu
in /u/emacs/edist.tar-18.53.Z.  Compressed diffs from 18.52
are only 38k.

All the changes in this release are simple, local bug fixes.

In addition, the files of the XMenu package, which used to be part of
X windows, are included in the Emacs distribution in the subdirectory
oldXMenu.  If you install these, you can use Emacs menus even with
current versions of X11.

cantrell@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Keith Cantrell) (03/02/89)

In article <209@fbihh.UUCP> peters@fbihh.UUCP (Heino Peters) writes:
>In article <8902241553.AA01587@sugar-bombs.ai.mit.edu>, rms@WHEATIES.AI.MIT.EDU (Richard Stallman) writes:
>> Emacs version 18.53 is now available on prep.ai.mit.edu
>> in /u/emacs/edist.tar-18.53.Z.  Compressed diffs from 18.52
>> are only 38k.
>
>Since these diffs are only 38k, i figured it might be possible to post
>them here. I think there are a lot of people like me without the
>possibility to ftp to the internet. It certainly would help me a lot.
>
>cu Heino  (peters@rz.informatik.uni-hamburg.dbp.de)

I second the motion.  All in favor say 'I'.

Keith Cantrell                Phones:  hm: 214-492-1088
Integrated Telecom                     wk: 214-234-3340

USMAIL:                       EMAIL:
2100 Sonata Ln                cantrell@killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Carrollton TX 75007                   or
                  ...!uunet!{killer | texsun | letni}!dalitc!keith