[net.followup] \"American Bombs in Libya\"

early@decwrl (04/24/86)

Subj:	re: Us bombs Libya

	Subject:  Re:  Air raid on Libya

	> In my eyes, Mr. Reagan is directly responsible for the death of
	> children and innocent people. With this act, Mr Reagan uses

	I don't think Mr. Reagan would deny this.

	>about how it  was  nice to know that they were not alone
	>and that someone had  the  courage,  in  these  days  of
	>censorship, political repression, and Rambohood  in  the
	>USA, to make a statement.

	I  agreed with the act committed  by  Mr.    Reagan  (our
	president).  I am deeply sorry that you are not permitted
	to  practice  free speech in Arizona, particularly on  so
	controversial  a  subject.

	I  am  also  sorry that their were innocents  slain by
	our "military" action, just
	as I  was  sorry  for the innocents aboard the Korean jet
	shot  down  by    the  Russians,  and  the  thousands  of
	Palestinians slaughtered by the  Israelis  when they took
	over the Arabs country for their own (which also included
	children , babies, and pregnant women).

	It seems rather unfortunate that to do good in the world
	requires the killing of so many others more/less un-
	involved.

	War has always been tough on the innocents.

			bob early
	(Dec E-Net)	TONTO::EARLY)
	(UUCP)		decvax!decwrl!dec-rhea!tonto!early

	Newsgroups: net.followup,net.politics

	>I  am  pretty  disgusted with the  TV  coverage  of  the
	aftermath  of the raid >on Libya.   They  spend  99%+  of
	their time showing Libyan supplied footage

	There's a good reason for this (I think).   If you recall
	the  Vietnam  US press coverage, two facets stick out  as
	similar.    The US press only reported alleged US against
	VN brutalities.    The  US press categorically refused to
	report or cover  ANY  alleged brutalities against private
	US citizens, such as  the Quakers, some sympathizers, and
	others who believed they could help end the war by living
	in  the  Vietnamese  villages,  trying  to  instill  good
	farming, hygienes, and potable water sources.

	The US press likes sensationalism, of whatever sort makes
	the USG "look] bad", because it sells better !