[gnu.emacs] GNU EMACS key bindings for IBM RT

timo@mercury.sybase.com (Timothee Wirth) (05/03/89)

Hi Netlanders,

I am running AIX 2.2.1 on an IBM RT.  I would like to be able to use
all the available keys on the keyboard but I don't know how.
How can I map each of the available key to function I would choose?
The basics PageUp, PageDown, Home, End are the minimum I would need.
The function keys would be the next step.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem.
Thanks

Timothee Wirth
timo@sybase.com
----
{sun,lll-tis,pyramid,pacbell}!sybase!timo		timo@sybase.com

lusgr@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu (STEVE ROSEMAN) (05/03/89)

In article <4114@sybase.sybase.com>, timo@mercury.sybase.com (Timothee Wirth) writes:
> Hi Netlanders,
>
> I am running AIX 2.2.1 on an IBM RT.  I would like to be able to use
> all the available keys on the keyboard but I don't know how.
> How can I map each of the available key to function I would choose?
> The basics PageUp, PageDown, Home, End are the minimum I would need.
> The function keys would be the next step.
>
> ----
Here is most of my .emacs file.  Note that to use some of these keys from
X-Windows needs some code changes in x11term.c.  I will send these later.

(global-set-key "\C-h" 'backward-delete-char)
(global-set-key "\eh" 'help-for-help)
(load-library "term/vt100.el")
(enable-arrow-keys)
(global-set-key "\e[150q" 'scroll-down)
(global-set-key "\e[154q" 'scroll-up)
(global-set-key "\e[139q" 'overwrite-mode)
(global-set-key "\e[P" 'delete-char)
(global-set-key "\e[H" 'beginning-of-buffer)
(global-set-key "\e[146q" 'end-of-buffer)

-----

Steve Roseman
Lehigh University Computing Center
LUSGR@VAX1.CC.Lehigh.EDU