[gnu.emacs] GNU Emacs 18.54

rms@WHEATIES.AI.MIT.EDU (04/27/89)

GNU Emacs 18.54 is now available for anonymous ftp on prep.ai.mit.edu
in /u/emacs/edist.tar-18.54.Z.  Compressed diffs from version 18.53 in
/u/emacs/diff-18.53-18.54 are 70k.

This version does nothing but fix bugs.

jv@mh.nl (Johan Vromans) (04/29/89)

In article <8904270328.AA01399@sugar-bombs.ai.mit.edu> rms@WHEATIES.AI.MIT.EDU writes:

   GNU Emacs 18.54 is now available for anonymous ftp on prep.ai.mit.edu
   in /u/emacs/edist.tar-18.54.Z.  Compressed diffs from version 18.53 in
   /u/emacs/diff-18.53-18.54 are 70k.

Will these diffs be posted to Usenet? It's not that much ....
It will surely help us users who don't have access to the internet.

	Johan

--
Johan Vromans			 jv@mh.nl via european backbone (mcvax)
Multihouse Automatisering bv		uucp: ..!{mcvax,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv

zjat02@cra2.uucp (Jon A. Tankersley) (05/11/89)

In article <8904270328.AA01399@sugar-bombs.ai.mit.edu> rms@WHEATIES.AI.MIT.EDU writes:
>GNU Emacs 18.54 is now available for anonymous ftp on prep.ai.mit.edu
>in /u/emacs/edist.tar-18.54.Z.  Compressed diffs from version 18.53 in
>/u/emacs/diff-18.53-18.54 are 70k.
>
>This version does nothing but fix bugs.

May have included one though.  When I installed the patches I found the
cm.c patch to be a problem.  A bigger problem that patch thought.

Here is the .rej file

***************
*** 201,205 ****
       */

!     ntabs = deltax / Wcm.cm_tabwidth;
      n2tabs = ntabs + 1;
      tabx = (srcx / Wcm.cm_tabwidth + ntabs) * Wcm.cm_tabwidth;
--- 201,205 ----
       */

!     ntabs = (deltax + srcx % Wcm.cm_tabwidth) / Wcm.cm_tabwidth;
      n2tabs = ntabs + 1;
      tabx = (srcx / Wcm.cm_tabwidth + ntabs) * Wcm.cm_tabwidth;

Trying to find the problem by hand turned up a problem.  No ntabs, n2tabs
or tabx = (.....)...; at all in my code anywhere.

Could someone send me a correct (and patched) cm.c?
-tank-
#include <std/disclaimer.h>		/* nobody knows the trouble I .... */
tank@apctrc.trc.amoco.com    ..!uunet!apctrc!tank

olaf@tub.UUCP (Olaf Heimburger) (05/12/89)

I had the same problem here. Please send me the correct (and patched)
cm.c, too.

Regards,
--olaf
--
* Olaf Heimburger, Technical University of Berlin (West), Dep. of CS
* uucp: ...!pyramid!tub!olaf (US)	...!mcvax!unido!tub!olaf (Europe)

julian@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Julian Cowley) (05/16/89)

In article <854@apctrc.UUCP> zjat02@cra2.UUCP (Jon A. Tankersley) writes:
>When I installed the patches I found the
>cm.c patch to be a problem.  A bigger problem that patch thought.
>
>Here is the .rej file
>
>***************
>*** 201,205 ****
>       */
>
>!     ntabs = deltax / Wcm.cm_tabwidth;
>      n2tabs = ntabs + 1;
>      tabx = (srcx / Wcm.cm_tabwidth + ntabs) * Wcm.cm_tabwidth;
>--- 201,205 ----
>       */
>
>!     ntabs = (deltax + srcx % Wcm.cm_tabwidth) / Wcm.cm_tabwidth;
>      n2tabs = ntabs + 1;
>      tabx = (srcx / Wcm.cm_tabwidth + ntabs) * Wcm.cm_tabwidth;
>

>Trying to find the problem by hand turned up a problem.  No ntabs, n2tabs
>or tabx = (.....)...; at all in my code anywhere.

You may not have been using the 18.53 distribution cm.c.

About a month ago I posted a replacment for it to gnu.emacs, and
it was probably picked up by someone and tossed into a copy that
you received.  If you are using the replacment version that I
wrote, you should have no problems with it (as far as I know) --
the above bug has been fixed, so you can just ignore the patch
(be aware that cm.h and term.c were modified as well.)  The
replacement also supports backtabs and multi-character cursor
movement commands.

Sorry about the confusion!  I broke the copying rules somewhat by
not placing a line in the header of the file indicating it had
been changed.  Anybody who distributes non-FSF code, either by
modifying it themselves or by including changes someone else
made, should warn you, too.

julian@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
uunet!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!julian
julian@uhccux.bitnet