[gnu.emacs] digestify.el anyone?

alien@ese.essex.ac.uk ("Adrian F Clark") (06/22/89)

I'm looking for an easy way to create digests of submitted articles for a
moderated mailing list I run.  Has anyone written some Elisp to make this
easier??

   Adrian F. Clark
   JANET:  alien@uk.ac.essex.ese
   ARPA:   alien%uk.ac.essex.ese@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
   BITNET: alien%uk.ac.essex.ese@ac.uk
   Smail:  Dept. of Electronic Systems Engineering, Essex University,
           Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, Essex C04 3SQ, U. K.
   Phone:  (+44) 206-872432 (direct)

   Adrian F. Clark
   JANET:  alien@uk.ac.essex.ese
   ARPA:   alien%uk.ac.essex.ese@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
   BITNET: alien%uk.ac.essex.ese@ac.uk

steiner@topaz.rutgers.edu (Dave Steiner) (06/24/89)

I have a digest.el that creates digests.  It uses GNUEmacs' RMAIL
mode.  If you are interested, send me mail and I'll send you a copy.

ds
--

arpa: Steiner@TOPAZ.RUTGERS.EDU
uucp: ...{ames, cbosgd, harvard, moss}!rutgers!topaz.rutgers.edu!steiner

jbw%uswest.com@BOULDER.COLORADO.EDU (Joe Wells) (06/26/89)

"Adrian F Clark" writes:
 > I'm looking for an easy way to create digests of submitted articles for a
 > moderated mailing list I run.  Has anyone written some Elisp to make this
 > easier??

I recommend that you use the "vm" mail reading package instead of rmail,
mh, etc.  Vm supports creating and bursting of digests that conform to the
RFC 934 standard.  It also has a lot of other advantages.  For more
information, send mail to info-vm-request@cs.odu.edu.  You might want to
request to be added to the info-vm mailing list if you're going to be
using vm extensively.

Have fun!

--
Joe Wells <jbw@uswest.com>