[net.games.rogue] Hack rings of tport control

robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) (01/16/85)

><
> By the way, how the hell do you get a ring of teleport control to DO anything
> having put it on????

Rings of Teleport Control do not have the ability to teleport you.  The
merely allow you to control where you will end up after a teleport.  This
is handy if you happen to stumble into a tport trap, or put on a ring of
teleportation or eat a leprechaun (or some similar monster).

			robert
--
Robert Viduya
    Office of Computing Services

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert

pritch@osu-eddie.UUCP (Norman Pritchett) (01/21/85)

> Rings of Teleport Control do not have the ability to teleport you.  The
> merely allow you to control where you will end up after a teleport.  This
> is handy if you happen to stumble into a tport trap, or put on a ring of
> teleportation or eat a leprechaun (or some similar monster).

Can you selectively teleport to rooms that you haven't been to yet (i.e.
you don't know where they are?) or teleport to someplace outside of
a room or corridor?

Norm Pritchett - The Generic Hacker
UUCP: ...!cbosgd!osu-eddie!pritch
BITNET: TS0017@OHSTVMA

robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) (01/23/85)

><
> > Rings of Teleport Control do not have the ability to teleport you.  The
> > merely allow you to control where you will end up after a teleport.  This
> > is handy if you happen to stumble into a tport trap, or put on a ring of
> > teleportation or eat a leprechaun (or some similar monster).
>
> Can you selectively teleport to rooms that you haven't been to yet (i.e.
> you don't know where they are?) or teleport to someplace outside of
> a room or corridor?

Yes, but it's literally a shot in the dark.  However, the ring is kind
and won't put you into solid rock.

			robert
--

brahms@spp2.UUCP (01/24/85)

>> Rings of Teleport Control do not have the ability to teleport you.  The
>> merely allow you to control where you will end up after a teleport.  This
>> is handy if you happen to stumble into a tport trap, or put on a ring of
>> teleportation or eat a leprechaun (or some similar monster).
>
>Can you selectively teleport to rooms that you haven't been to yet (i.e.
>you don't know where they are?) or teleport to someplace outside of
>a room or corridor?

You can teleport to any room or hallway (it doesn't matter if you have
seen it yet or not).  However, if you attempt to teleport into a wall, the
result is a random teleport.

Anyone tried to teleport onto a rock yet?  I would think that it would
result in a random teleport but I'm not sure.

			-- Brad Brahms
			   usenet: {decvax,ucbvax}!trwrb!trwspp!brahms
			   arpa:   Brahms@usc-eclc

mjc@cmu-cs-cad.ARPA (Monica Cellio) (01/25/85)

From: cbosgd!osu-eddie!pritch@rice (Norman Pritchett)
>Can you selectively teleport to rooms that you haven't been to yet (i.e.
>you don't know where they are?) or teleport to someplace outside of
>a room or corridor?

Sort of.  If you tport to a spot that isn't on the map, it says "sorry" and
places you randomly.

							-Dragon

--
UUCP: ...ucbvax!dual!lll-crg!dragon