[gnu.emacs] emacs for PC, Xwindow,

lee@iris.ucdavis.edu (Peng Lee) (07/10/89)

Hello all,

I am a new emacs user.  Is there an IBM PC (clone) version
of emacs?

Has anyone implement SCCS into emacs?

Sometime, when I try to use the mouse within emacs, I would
get a message "Symbol's function definition is void:
x-popup-menu  ".   Did anyone know why?

Thanks

-Peng
(lee@iris.ucdavis.edu)

pshen@atrp.mit.edu (Paul Shen) (07/11/89)

lee@iris.ucdavis.edu (Peng Lee) writes:
>I am a new emacs user.  Is there an IBM PC (clone) version
>of emacs?

There are a number of emacs clones, like MicroEmacs, Jove, and
Epsilon, for MSDOS system. MicroEmacs you can ftp from Simtel.

>Sometime, when I try to use the mouse within emacs, I would
>get a message "Symbol's function definition is void:
>x-popup-menu  ".   Did anyone know why?

In general, you have to bind all the special function keys according to your
preference. It seems that you did not do that.

| Email:        pshen@atrp.mit.edu                  |       Paul Shen       |
| Address:      MIT, 36-665, Cambridge, Ma 02139    |  Tel. (617) 864-3210  |