[net.games.rogue] 5.3 Questions

dnj@security.UUCP (Dave Juitt) (01/20/85)

I've got a couple of 5.3 questions:

1.  What does the wand of cancellation do for you?
2.  What does the scroll that says, " You feel an overwhelming
    sense of loss" mean?

						Dave Juitt

-----								    -----
UUCP: ..linus!security!dnj
ARPA:  dnj@mitre-bedford          He missed the tag, he missed the tag...

mopa@ur-univax.UUCP (01/24/85)

The wand of Cancellation nullifies the effects of Nymph's and Leppies
on you... (I think that's all it does) The 'overwhlming sense of loss
is one of the best scrolls in the dungeon... Its a HOLD MONSTER... If
you are being killed by a nasty Troll or worse you read the scroll and
the buggers freeze, Then you regenerate right there!!! (When your done
you can wake them up and kill them or just leave them where they are!!
							   Mike Opacity
							   mopa@ur-univax

srm@nsc.UUCP (Richard Mateosian) (01/30/85)

In article <13800002@ur-univax.UUCP> mopa@ur-univax.UUCP writes:
>The wand of Cancellation nullifies the effects of Nymph's and Leppies
>on you...

Also rattlesnakes, aquators, wraiths, medusas.  I don't know about dragons.
--
Richard Mateosian
{allegra,cbosgd,decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA

vince@leadsv.UUCP (Vince Westin) (01/30/85)

> In article <13800002@ur-univax.UUCP> mopa@ur-univax.UUCP writes:
> >The wand of Cancellation nullifies the effects of Nymph's and Leppies
> >on you...
>
> Also rattlesnakes, aquators, wraiths, medusas.  I don't know about dragons.
> --
> Richard Mateosian
> {allegra,cbosgd,decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA

A wand of cancellation only nullifies the MAGICAL effects of monsters.  It
makes phantoms visible, but does not alter the damage that they do.  It also
takes away the dragon's ability to flame, but they still hit hard.

Vince Westin
...!ucbvax!{sun!sunncal,amd!cae780}!leadsv!vince

kel@ea.UUCP (01/31/85)

Wands of Cancellation negate all magical powers in monsters.
leprechuauns can't teleport, nymphs can't rip you off,
dragons can't flame, etc.

red@ukma.UUCP (Red Varth) (02/05/85)

Also Dragons, Violet Fungi, Mimics, Wraiths, Vampires, and ANY other
monster with any kind of special attack/ability.

			Red