[gnu.emacs] Where to get VM ?

eho@cognito.Princeton.EDU (Eric Ho) (08/14/89)

Does anyone out there know where I can get VM (the alternative to RMAIL) ?
Any pointers appreciated.

--

Eric Ho
Cognitive Science Lab.,		Princeton University

-eric-

kjones@talos.uucp (Kyle Jones) (08/15/89)

Eric Ho writes:
 > Does anyone out there know where I can get VM (the alternative to RMAIL) ?
 > Any pointers appreciated.

My cue.  The current version of VM is 4.39.  VM is available via
anonymous FTP from cfdl.larc.nasa.gov in the directory pub/gnu, and from
xanth.cs.odu.edu in /pub/vm.  The latest version of VM is usually
available from these hosts within a few days of a new version being
released.

Also, version 4.37 of VM should be in the Emacs-Lisp archives at
tut.cis.ohio-state.edu by now.  OSU provides anonymous UUCP access to
these archives; send mail to bob or karl @ tut.cis.ohio-state.edu for
information on how to access files on tut.

bob@tinman.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (08/15/89)

In article <1989Aug14.170809.13859@talos.uucp> kjones@talos.uucp (Kyle Jones) writes:
   Eric Ho writes:
      Does anyone out there know where I can get VM (the alternative
      to RMAIL) ?  Any pointers appreciated.

   Also, version 4.37 of VM should be in the Emacs-Lisp archives at
   tut.cis.ohio-state.edu by now.  OSU provides anonymous UUCP access
   to these archives...

Nope, I don't see it anywhere in there.  So I just put it in the midst
of our other GNU stuff, tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/vm/vm-4.39.tar.Z
and osu-cis!~/gnu/vm/vm-4.39.tar.Z.

dsill@relay.nswc.navy.mil (Dave Sill) (08/15/89)

In article <1989Aug14.170809.13859@talos.uucp>, kjones@talos (Kyle Jones) writes:
>Also, version 4.37 of VM should be in the Emacs-Lisp archives at
>tut.cis.ohio-state.edu by now.  OSU provides anonymous UUCP access to
>these archives; send mail to bob or karl @ tut.cis.ohio-state.edu for
>information on how to access files on tut.

Umm, well, it *should* be there by now.  Unless someone else put it
there, though, it isn't.  See, I've been *really* busy recently, and I
haven't done diddly with the archive since setting it up.

But that's going to be remedied.  No, really.  I now have adequate
software for my Amiga and a loaner 2400 baud modem so I can work on it
from home.  If I could just stop reading/posting news long enough to
get started...