[gnu.emacs] porting emacs to 88k machine

toddb@oakhill.UUCP (Todd Bridges) (10/10/89)

Anyone care to toss out an enlightening comment on this cyptic message:

        ./temacs -batch -l inc-vers
./temacs: syntax error at line 1: `)' unexpected
*** Error code 2

This comes after ld has built temacs, and make-docfile has run in the
xmakefile. What syntax are we talking about here? Is temacs starting
and choking on a load of lisp, or am I even getting that far?  Target
machine here is a Motorola (MCD) 88k box running SYSV.3 - if you've
already done it, let me know! I get the same thing regardless of the
command line switches.

Thanks!

--
Todd Bridges, M88000 Development  ...!cs.utexas.edu!oakhill!toddb
Motorola, Inc. 6501 William Cannon Dr. West,Austin, TX 78735-8598

In article <2442@neuron.oakhill.UUCP>, toddb@oakhill.UUCP (Todd Bridges) writes:
> Anyone care to toss out an enlightening comment on this cyptic message:
>
>         ./temacs -batch -l inc-vers
> ./temacs: syntax error at line 1: `)' unexpected
> *** Error code 2

Turns out the loader needed a default config file that cc knows
about, but I didn't. Anyway, thanks to the people who wrote and
pointed me at the loader.