[gnu.emacs] No bug reports here!

rms@AI.MIT.EDU (11/11/89)

      Conversion to emacs info format works
    as expected, but feeding TeX with the same document results in complaints
    about ^ used outside math mode (I am using the texinfo.tex file that came
    with gcc 1.35).

This is a BUG REPORT.  Don't send bug reports to info-gnu-emacs (aka
gnu.emacs)!  Send them to bug-gnu-emacs@prep.ai.mit.edu, which is the
place for bug reports.

mujica@ra.cs.ucla.edu (S. Mujica) (11/12/89)

on 11 Nov 89 05:45:06 GMT,
rms@AI.MIT.EDU said:
> Sender: daemon@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

>       Conversion to emacs info format works
>     as expected, but feeding TeX with the same document results in complaints
>     about ^ used outside math mode (I am using the texinfo.tex file that came
>     with gcc 1.35).

> This is a BUG REPORT.  Don't send bug reports to info-gnu-emacs (aka
> gnu.emacs)!  Send them to bug-gnu-emacs@prep.ai.mit.edu, which is the
> place for bug reports.

Sometimes people have questions about software behavior and do not
know whether their observations are because of a bug or due to wrong
usage of some feature.  Is posting questions wrong?  Could you please
describe the purpose of gnu.emacs again?  I am confused about this
mailing list, particularly after the bursts of anti-apple activism.

Thanks,

Sergio Mujica		mujica@cs.ucla.edu
Computer Science Department, UCLA