[gnu.emacs] how to make DOC-18.55.nn ?

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (12/07/89)

I must be missing something in the makefiles, cause I don't
see how you re-create etc/DOC-18.55.nn.  Can someone clue
me in ?  Thanks.  --Ed

arc1@ukc.ac.uk (A.R.Curtis) (12/08/89)

In article <EMV.89Dec6182346@urania.math.lsa.umich.edu> emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) writes:

>I must be missing something in the makefiles, cause I don't
>see how you re-create etc/DOC-18.55.nn.  Can someone clue
>me in ?  Thanks.  --Ed

The DOC files are created by etc/make-docfile.  See the makefile in
the src directory.  This runs ../etc/make-docfile with the objects
and lisp files and generates ../etc/DOC (and also one with the correct
version name appended).  make-docfile is generated from make-docfile.c

Hope that helps.

Tony