[gnu.emacs] Problem with GNU Emacs.

sramacha@uceng.UC.EDU (Sridhar Ramachandran) (12/08/89)

I have been having a problem with my GNU Emacs. Whenever I use
a sequence with C-S in it like search-forward and saving-buffers,
I scroll lock the terminal. It is as if Emacs hasn't read the
C-S at all. Then I have to type C-q to unlock the screen.
I am using a terminal with vt100 settings and default
Emacs settings.

Can somebody help me out of this problem?

--Sridhar Ramachandran.

ross@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Donald Ross) (12/12/89)

In article <3071@uceng.UC.EDU> sramacha@uceng.UC.EDU (Sridhar Ramachandran)
writes:

>I have been having a problem with my GNU Emacs. Whenever I use
>a sequence with C-S in it like search-forward and saving-buffers,
>I scroll lock the terminal. It is as if Emacs hasn't read the
>C-S at all. Then I have to type C-q to unlock the screen.
>I am using a terminal with vt100 settings and default
>Emacs settings.
>
>Can somebody help me out of this problem?
>
>--Sridhar Ramachandran.

Try     M-x (enable-flow-control)

This sets C-] equal to C-s so that you won't be locking the screen
scroll (which I know can be very annoying). Now, C-] will invoke
I-search and likewise C-x C-s will invoke save-buffer, etc.

If this is what your looking for just insert (enable-flow-control) in
your .emacs file.

				Don.
= =__________________DID_THIS_ACTUALLY_WORK?!______________________= =
= =Don Ross | Univ. of N.Y. at Buffalo | ross@sybil.cs.buffalo.edu = =

ross@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Donald Ross) (12/12/89)

I must apologize, in response to article <3071@uceng.UC.EDU>
sramacha@uceng.UC.EDU (Sridhar Ramachandran) writes:

>I have been having a problem with my GNU Emacs. Whenever I use
>a sequence with C-S in it like search-forward and saving-buffers,
>I scroll lock the terminal. It is as if Emacs hasn't read the
>C-S at all. Then I have to type C-q to unlock the screen.
>I am using a terminal with vt100 settings and default
>Emacs settings.
>
>Can somebody help me out of this problem?
>
>--Sridhar Ramachandran.

I suggested (enable-flow-control) which I have since learned is local
only to SUNY at Buffalo. Sorry 'bout that, I'll do better next
time 8^).