[net.games.rogue] Questions

RAAN@TECHUNIX.BITNET (03/13/85)

From: raan@techunix.bitnet (Ran Ever-Hadani)

Does anybody out there know the meaning of the following:

1. You have a strange feeling for a moment, then it passes.
2. This potion tastes like slime-mold juice.
3. Is there a difference between eating food and eating fruit?

Thanks
			Aviv,Ran,Ofer

acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP ( HE-MAN ) (03/15/85)

> From: raan@techunix.bitnet (Ran Ever-Hadani)
>
> Does anybody out there know the meaning of the following:
>
> 1. You have a strange feeling for a moment, then it passes.
> 2. This potion tastes like slime-mold juice.
> 3. Is there a difference between eating food and eating fruit?
>
> Thanks
> 			Aviv,Ran,Ofer

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR LONG SWORD ***

ANSWERS :

1) hold monster...will freeze all monsters in the room, until you strike one or leave (?)

2) see invisible..great for when you get to levels with phantoms (ver 5.2)

3) nope, the fruit was merely thrown in for fun.

                chris kracik a.k.a. HE - MAN @ Castle Grey Skull

m1b@rayssd.UUCP (03/19/85)

>> From: raan@techunix.bitnet (Ran Ever-Hadani)
>>
>> Does anybody out there know the meaning of the following:
>>
>> 1. You have a strange feeling for a moment, then it passes.
>> 2. This potion tastes like slime-mold juice.
>> 3. Is there a difference between eating food and eating fruit?
>>
>> Thanks
>> 			Aviv,Ran,Ofer
>
> 3) nope, the fruit was merely thrown in for fun.
>

>                chris kracik a.k.a. HE - MAN @ Castle Grey Skull

	Actually, there is a difference between eating food and eating
fruit.  Eating your fruit gives the most time before you must eat again.
Food that tastes good gives less time, and awful food gives the least
amount of time.

Joe Barone,		{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co,		 Submarine Signal Div., Portsmouth, RI  02871

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong [DCS]) (03/20/85)

In article <671@rayssd.UUCP> m1b@rayssd.UUCP writes:

>>> From: raan@techunix.bitnet (Ran Ever-Hadani)
>>>
>>> Does anybody out there know the meaning of the following:
>>>
>>> 1. You have a strange feeling for a moment, then it passes.
>>> 2. This potion tastes like slime-mold juice.
>>> 3. Is there a difference between eating food and eating fruit?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> 			Aviv,Ran,Ofer
>>
>> 3) nope, the fruit was merely thrown in for fun.
>>

>>                chris kracik a.k.a. HE - MAN @ Castle Grey Skull
>
>	Actually, there is a difference between eating food and eating
>fruit.  Eating your fruit gives the most time before you must eat again.
>Food that tastes good gives less time, and awful food gives the least
>amount of time.
>
>Joe Barone,		{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
>Raytheon Co,		 Submarine Signal Div., Portsmouth, RI  02871

NOT TRUE, unless you have a hacked version of rogue (of any flavor).
the duration that any kind of food lasts is random.  food and fruit
use the same method of generating the length of time that it lasts.
however, your stomach size is limited, so you may not get full benefit
from it.  there IS a difference between yummy and yechy food though.
eating yechy food gives you one experience point.  all fruit is good tasting.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!water!watdcsu!herbie
CSNET: herbie%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  herbie%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
NETNORTH, BITNET, EARN: herbie@watdcs, herbie@watdcsu