[gnu.emacs] Reverse Video

spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) (01/31/90)

 >  Is there a way to run gnuemacs on reverse video under X-Windows??

 >  Like white text on black window on a mono screen..
this is nothing to do with gnuemacs. its an X thing, to do with the
different colours, characteristics whatever you set for things like
backgroundfont and foregroundfont. do you have any emacs settings in
your .Xdefaults?

--
Sebastian Rahtz                        S.Rahtz@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)
Computer Science                       S.Rahtz@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bitnet)

nataraj@celebrity.Sun.COM (Nataraj) (02/02/90)

In article <SPQR.90Jan31131057@manutius.ecs.soton.ac.uk> spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) writes:

> >  Is there a way to run gnuemacs on reverse video under X-Windows??
>
> >  Like white text on black window on a mono screen..
>this is nothing to do with gnuemacs. its an X thing, to do with the
>different colours, characteristics whatever you set for things like
>backgroundfont and foregroundfont. do you have any emacs settings in
>your .Xdefaults?
>
>--
>Sebastian Rahtz                        S.Rahtz@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)

    I know this has nothing to do with gnuemacs.
    I was basically looking for the .Xdefaults answer
    to it.. (the X standard command line option -fg color -bg color
    did'nt work for me )

    Anyway I have got the .Xdefaults (gnuemacs *ReverseVideo)
    resource name.. and I am happy...

Thanks to everyone who responded ...

nataraj/.
Natarajan.S.                                         415-336-5798 (off)
nataraj@sun.com                                      415-960-1750 (res)

mac@rhea.ardent.com (Mike McNamara) (02/02/90)

>   Is there a way to run gnuemacs on reverse video under X-Windows??
>
>   Like white text on black window on a mono screen..

	C-h f x-set-foreground-color
x-set-foreground-color:
Set foreground (text) color to COLOR.
	C-h f x-set-background-color
x-set-background-color:
Set background color to COLOR.

Try some thing like this is your .emacs

(if (eq window-system 'x)
    (progn (x-set-cursor-color "white")
	   (x-set-mouse-color "yellow")
	   (x-set-background-color "black")
	   (x-set-foreground-color "yellow")
	   (x-set-internal-border-width 3)
	   (x-set-border-width 3)
	   (x-set-border-color "blue")
	   )
  )
--
Michael McNamara	(St)ardent, Inc.		mac@ardent.com

unniks@hi3.ACA.MCC.COM (C. Unnikrishnan) (02/04/90)

>>   Is there a way to run gnuemacs on reverse video under X-Windows??
> 	C-h f x-set-foreground-color
> x-set-foreground-color:
> Set foreground (text) color to COLOR.
> 	C-h f x-set-background-color
> x-set-background-color:

in a similar vein, you can do a m-x x-flip-color to just do
reverse-video if you dont want to set the the fg, bg colors
separately.

unni

c. unni krishnan       unni@mcc.com   ##arpa internet
{ihnp4,seismo,ucb-vax,gatech}!cs.utexas.edu!pp!unniks