[alt.sca] test

joshua@band.rutgers.edu (Joshua Mittleman) (05/09/88)

This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?

Arval Benicoeur, Gryphonwald, East Kingdom
--

		- Josh Mittleman
		       joshua@paul.rutgers.edu (or if that don't work)

sj1f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Steven Kent Jensen) (05/09/88)

        We at CMU are getting alt.sca.  As we are a gateway it should also be
beyond us.

                        Leif

siegel@magni.cs.cornell.edu (Alexander Siegel) (05/09/88)

Myrkfaelinn is receiving.
Alex Siegel               (607)255-1165 (Low Bandwidth Audio)
4161 Upson Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca NY  14853 (Hard Copy)
siegel@svax.cs.cornell.edu (ARPAnet)
If someone else had my opinions, I would shoot them on sight.

MICHAEL@MAINE.BITNET (Michael Johnson) (05/09/88)

Well, you've reached the University of Maine.

Yours in these current Middle Ages,

                         No persona name yet,
                         Michael Johnson

chi@tybalt.caltech.edu (Curt Hagenlocher) (05/09/88)

In article <May.8.23.56.31.1988.10269@band.rutgers.edu> joshua@band.rutgers.edu (Joshua Mittleman) writes:

>This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?
>

>Arval Benicoeur, Gryphonwald, East Kingdom
>--

(I'm letting a friend post news from my account. Curt)
-------------
   Good morrow, Arval.  This is Curt's roommate, Balin of Canterbury, using the
strange farspeak sitting on his workdesk.  Caid is receiving you loud and clear.

Balin of Canterbury, College of the Voyagers (inc.), Caid
(Sean Johnston)

cit-vax!tybalt!chi                            chi@tybalt.caltech.edu
    "Education?  Who needs one?  I came here to make big bucks!"

karen@capella.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bacchus) (05/09/88)

ME!
-=-
MRQ:You sometimes have to listen to a lot of useless talk. (N. Peart)
-=-
      Karen A. Post            |Computer And Information Science Dept. Operator
karen@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu   |            THE Ohio State Univesity
-------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------

kaftansk@speedy.cs.wisc.edu (Stephen R Kaftanski) (05/09/88)

In article <May.8.23.56.31.1988.10269@band.rutgers.edu> joshua@band.rutgers.edu (Joshua Mittleman) writes:

>This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?
>
>Arval Benicoeur, Gryphonwald, East Kingdom
>--

At least one unregistered pagan from the Middle Kingdom!

>		- Josh Mittleman
>		       joshua@paul.rutgers.edu (or if that don't work)
>		       joshua@topaz.rutgers.edu

from the Madison Hackestrian Guild,

			Stephen R. Kaftanski
			kaftansk@cs.wisc.edu  MadCity WI
"You'll need to have this fish in your ear."    >()  }

u545731798ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (0040;0000000566;0;340;143;) (05/10/88)

It's making it to UC Davis.

seidel@skat.usc.edu (Starman) (05/10/88)

 (Joshua Mittleman) writes:

>This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?

Me.

What is it?

Southern California Aviation?
Stout Chested Atheists?

rob@lakesys.UUCP (Rob McKnight) (05/10/88)

In article <May.8.23.56.31.1988.10269@band.rutgers.edu> joshua@band.rutgers.edu (Joshua Mittleman) writes:
>This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?
>Arval Benicoeur, Gryphonwald, East Kingdom
>--
>               - Josh Mittleman
>                      joshua@paul.rutgers.edu (or if that don't work)
>                      joshua@topaz.rutgers.edu

I am.  But what is sca?

--
Rob McKnight                                    Wheels keep turning
{ihnp4,uwvax}!uwmcsd1!lakesys!rob               Something's burning

jfh@rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) (05/10/88)

In article <May.8.23.56.31.1988.10269@band.rutgers.edu> joshua@band.rutgers.edu (Joshua Mittleman) writes:

>This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?
>--
>Arval Benicoeur, Gryphonwald, East Kingdom

sorry, i created this mess and didn't have the time to post the first
article.  what a scum i am.

first - who in the big 'D' is involved in the SCA?  i was somewhat involved
in new orleans but the petty politics (20th century version) chased me out.

second - any events in south jersey (or even north jersey) scheduled for
early june?  i'm considering visiting my cousins in atlantic city and would
love to have some fun while in the neighborhood.

third - did beach bums exist in medieval times???

- john.
--
John F. Haugh II                 | "You see, I want a lot. Perhaps I want every
River Parishes Programming       | -thing.  The darkness that comes with every

wlinden@dasys1.UUCP (William Linden) (05/10/88)

In article <May.8.23.56.31.1988.10269@band.rutgers.edu> joshua@band.rutgers.edu (Joshua Mittleman) writes:

>This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?
>

>Arval Benicoeur, Gryphonwald, East Kingdom
>--
>
>		- Josh Mittleman
>		       joshua@paul.rutgers.edu (or if that don't work)
>		       joshua@topaz.rutgers.edu

Arriving loud and clear at the Cat.
--
Will Linden                          {sun,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Compuserve  72737,2150                 {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!wlinden

dave@leo.UUCP ( Dave Hill) (05/10/88)

In article <May.8.23.56.31.1988.10269@band.rutgers.edu>, joshua@band.rutgers.edu (Joshua Mittleman) writes:

> This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?

You made it to the west coast if that's any consolation.

Now will this get back?

	Dave

czyrny@canisius.UUCP (Daniel Czyrny) (05/11/88)

> In article <May.8.23.56.31.1988.10269@band.rutgers.edu> joshua@band.rutgers.edu (Joshua Mittleman) writes:
>This is a distribution test.  Who's getting this?

Count me in too in Sunny Suburban Buffalo N.Y. @ Canisius College

rjray@uokmax.UUCP (Randy J Ray) (05/11/88)

Thou 'ast reached the heart of Ansteorra.

DuGoth Pierre Roudeux le' Randolph
-
-
-
rjray@uokmax.UUCP		"I know you believe you understand what you
rjray@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu	think I said, but I'm not sure you realise
inhp4!occrsh!uokmax!rjray	that what you heard is not what I meant."
							-Anon
Disclaimer: I speak for myself, unless otherwise noted. Usually, anyway...

watson@polya.STANFORD.EDU (Kennita L. Watson) (05/11/88)

Vivienne of the Sunlit Grove, of the West Kingdom (Stanford University, to
be precise).  Another pagan, to whomever made that comment.

To whomever wondered why lovers of medieval culture would be into computers
as well... it makes sense to me.  Imagination is imagination, and it is
needed in both good hacking and good Anachronizing.  At least of the people
I know, SCA people also tend to be Science Fiction fans.  Fantasy gaming
and paganism are also common.  My own hypothesis is that once you are willing
to be unconventional, the barriers to doing all kinds of fun things fall down.

I could babble on about such things at length, but I'm sure someone has a
clearer idea of what it is that makes the SCA (and/or fandom and/or paganism)
satisfying, and to whom.

Kennita

editor@chinet.UUCP (Alex Zell) (05/11/88)

  Did you really want to know the distribution?
--
Alex Zell  ..ihnp4!chinet!editor
 Pictou Island, NS

rogoff@itsgw.RPI.EDU (David H. Rogoff) (05/11/88)

In article <357MICHAEL@MAINE> MICHAEL@MAINE.BITNET (Michael Johnson) writes:
>Well, you've reached the University of Maine.
>
>Yours in these current Middle Ages,
>
>                         No persona name yet,
>                         Michael Johnson

   Which branch of University of Maine are you at?  I have a friend
   who works at the Portland campus.  She has not been able  to find
   any SCA activity there.  The local group is supposed to be
   Malagentia, but they don't seem to have events or do anything.
   Any info you have would be great.  Would you also happen to
   know if Portland has usenet access, and if so, how she could get on.

   Thanks

     Nappindren Farangorn,  Shire of Anglespur

       David Rogoff, rogoff@itsgw.rpi.edu