[alt.sca] which callig hand to use? was: What's up?

mtbb34@ms.uky.edu (Becky McEllistrem) (05/11/88)

In article <1186@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) writes:

>Hey, what's alt.sca for?

   We're taking over bitnet :-)

   so which callig hand is the easiest to learn for a beginner?

        Rebecca the Contrary
--
--  "I ALways push the doors marked pull!"- (I don't know who said that.)
--  Becky McEllistrem  (Tadger)

elwell@ichthyosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Clayton M. Elwell) (05/11/88)

mtbb34@ms.uky.edu (Becky McEllistrem) writes:
       so which callig hand is the easiest to learn for a beginner?

            Rebecca the Contrary

Well, it depends.  Some people can draw circles beeter than they can
draw straight lines, and some people are the other way around.  If
you're good at circles, then an uncial or roundhand will probably be
easiest (anglo-saxon and celtic hands are good here).  If you're
better at lines, a nice angular gothic will probably be easier.  The
best way to tell is to get a chisel-point felt tip and try out a bunch
of things, and start with whichever one feels most natural.  This
gives you something to learn how the pen reacts, at which point you
can start working on other styles.

In Service to the Society,
Lorimbor Coiradan

-=-
Clayton M. Elwell <elwell@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>
-=-
"Gee, the Captain's vanished utterly so we'd better beam down the second-in-
command to exactly the same coordinates to see what happened to him!"

mtbb34@ms.uky.edu (Becky McEllistrem) (05/12/88)

         woad seeds?