[gnu.g++] More trouble...

mschedlb@hawk.ulowell.edu (Martin Schedlbauer) (11/28/88)

Hi, more trouble...

I get 'reduce_strenght_flag' undefined in loop.c. Any thoughts?

	...Martin

Univ. of Lowell
Dept. of CS
Lowell, MA 01854

		T H A N K   Y O U ...

schmidt@blanche.ics.uci.edu (Doug Schmidt) (11/28/88)

[ the following response should probably be posted automatically every
2 weeks ;-) ]

In article <10347@swan.ulowell.edu> mschedlb@hawk.ulowell.edu (Martin Schedlbauer) writes:
>Hi, more trouble...
>
>I get 'reduce_strenght_flag' undefined in loop.c. Any thoughts?
>
>	...Martin
>
>Univ. of Lowell
>Dept. of CS
>Lowell, MA 01854
>

>		T H A N K   Y O U ...

You must always be sure to use the appropriate gcc source code
back-end for g++.  In this case, you'll need the gcc 1.27 source code,
since the g++ compiler is version 1.27.  It sounds like you are using
a more recent version of gcc, since strength reduction wasn't included
in gcc at the time of the g++ 1.27 release.  I believe that the
gcc.127 tar tape is still available from prep.ai.mit.edu.

When g++ 1.31 is release ( hopefully soon! ), you will then be able to
graft it onto the gcc 1.31 source code.

Doug
--
schmidt@ics.uci.edu (ARPA) |   Per me si va nella citta' dolente.