[gnu.g++] g++ on apollo

perm@mizar.docs.uu.se (Per Mildner) (06/02/89)

There seem to be people using g++ (&gcc) on apollo workstations. Could
someone who have seen the light send me an instruction for how to do
it?
Thanks in advance

Per Mildner (perm@mizar.DoCS.UU.SE)

dclemans@mntgfx.mentor.com (Dave Clemans) (06/06/89)

In article <8906020338.AA12809@mizar.DoCS.UU.SE>, perm@mizar.docs.uu.se (Per Mildner) writes:

> There seem to be people using g++ (&gcc) on apollo workstations. Could
> someone who have seen the light send me an instruction for how to do
> it?
> Thanks in advance
>
> Per Mildner (perm@mizar.DoCS.UU.SE)

I have gcc & g++ at least "basically" working on Apollo's (using sr10.1).  It's done
using an object file format converter (that also handles the patching necessary for
Apollo's shared library system).  A test copy of the converter was distributed
last week on the Usenet news group comp.sys.apollo.

My current project is to get at gdb at least minimally working (i.e. everything that
doesn't depend on having a "-g" symbol table available).  There will be another
announcement when that effort is complete.

dgc