[net.games.rogue] Super Rogue

halle1@houxz.UUCP (08/29/83)

Does anyone have documentation on v. 7.0 Superrogue.  What do the
26 new guys do, where are they, how potent?  What new magic is there?
And what does the encumberence output do for you?
(Mail is better than posting unless you attach a spoiler warning.)

wcs@hou2b.UUCP (09/07/83)

Several of the machines here at BTL Holmdel (in particular hou2a and
hou2b, which are 3B-20's) have Super-Rogue 7.0.  I rarely use this
account, since most of my work is done on other machines here,
but I logged on the other night, did some work, and started to play
rogue.  There was a lower-case u chasing me around, and eventually
"The ulodyte hits -- More" "You are bitten".  Anyway, I did a v ,
found this was Super-Rogue 7.0, and looked around for documentation,
none of which appears to exist.  I got to level 3 or 4, and saved
the game.

The differences I've noticed so far include:
	26 lower-case monsters, with undocumented behaviours.
	character attributes include Dexterity, Wisdom, and ??,
		which can be displayed by the user and affected by magic.
	Encumbrances:  Instead of the normal-rogue limit of 26
		objects in your pack, items now have weights, and
		you are limited as to total weight you can carry.
		This limit is noticably affected by hunger.  Thus,
		if you are weak from hunger, you can't necessarily
		pick up a scroll, and may even have to drop things
		to keep moving.
	Higher quantities or enchanted items.  Either I just had a
		good roll in generating my character, or it is
		normal to start life with a +two-handed sword and
		+2 ring mail.  I quickly found some plate mail and
		also padded armor, which seems to be about like +0
		ring mail (??) (Is it non-rusting or something?)

Those of you using normal rogue, please bear with us.  In the
meantime, could people asking questions about Super-rogue 7.0 or
other bizarre versions please say so in your article titles?
(Non-bizarre == 3.6, 3.7, or 5.2)

				Thanks,
					>>--->

wcl@hjuxa.UUCP (LOEFFLER) (08/04/84)

Could someone please tell me where to find SuperRogue
Binary for UNIX System V.

Thanks!

dpb@cbosgd.UUCP (Dan Bidinger) (08/11/85)

  Does anyone have the source to Super Rogue 9.0 and would be willing to
  send me a copy of them????

	Thank you,
		Dan

	please send mail to cbhydra!dpb NOT cbosgd!dpb or osgd!dpb

barad@brand.UUCP (Herb Barad) (08/15/85)

In article <1385@cbosgd.UUCP> dpb@cbosgd.UUCP (Dan Bidinger) writes:

>  Does anyone have the source to Super Rogue 9.0 and would be willing to
>  send me a copy of them????
>
>	Thank you,
>		Dan
>
>	please send mail to cbhydra!dpb NOT cbosgd!dpb or osgd!dpb

I second that!  Please let me know also....

						Herb Barad

			...trwrb!trwspf!herb

--
Herb Barad	[USC - Signal and Image Processing Institute]

...!{lbl-csam,trwrb}!trwspf!herb		or
...!{lbl-csam,trwrb}!trwspf!brand!barad

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (08/20/85)

That makes three of us!  I will third the motion to either mail the sources
to Super Rogue 9.0 or post it to the Net!
						Carl Greenberg

aaw@sri-unix.ARPA (Adlai A. Waksman) (08/23/85)

OK, I'll fourth that motion for the Super Rogue sources.
Send or post them!!

					Adlai Waksman
					...!hplabs!sri-unix!aaw

I highly doubt that SRI International would make me their spokesman.

jordan@greipa.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) (08/23/85)

In article <161@brand.UUCP> barad@brand.UUCP (Herb Barad) writes:
>In article <1385@cbosgd.UUCP> dpb@cbosgd.UUCP (Dan Bidinger) writes:
>>
>>  Does anyone have the source to Super Rogue 9.0 and would be willing to
>>  send me a copy of them????
>>
>>	Thank you,
>>		Dan
>>

>I second that!  Please let me know also....
>
>						Herb Barad

*Sigh*. I have them but don't want to make our intervening nodes
pay for this.. Are there any local arpa sites that want to take
them off my hands and make them available via anonymous FTP?

I suppose I could also make them available via uucp if you want
to call Palo Alto, CA..
--
		Jordan K. Hubbard
		{pesnta, decwrl, dual, pyramid}!greipa!jordan

		"Here we have two bull limpits, locked in a life-or-death
		"struggle."