[net.games.rogue] High scores

twiss@stolaf.UUCP (Thomas S. Twiss) (08/25/85)

	I'm curious about high scores for advanced rogue version 1.0.
Does anyone have any they wish to brag about?  What are the high scores
of players out there?  Here's your chance to boldfacedly brag!  C'mon,
let's hear 'em!  (Post or mail, I don't care).

--
I don't even work for a company, so these views can't be theirs!

Tom Twiss @ St. Olaf College
Nothfield, MN 55057
{decvax,ihnp4}!stolaf!twiss

hachong@watmath.UUCP (Herb Chong) (08/27/85)

In article <4859@stolaf.UUCP> twiss@stolaf.UUCP (Thomas S. Twiss) writes:
>	I'm curious about high scores for advanced rogue version 1.0.
>Does anyone have any they wish to brag about?  What are the high scores
>of players out there?  Here's your chance to boldfacedly brag!  C'mon,
>let's hear 'em!  (Post or mail, I don't care).

for urogue version 1.02, here's ours.  bjanz@watarts will probably
post his since he's at the top.

Top Ten Adventurers:
Rank	Score	Gold		Name
1	379278271	44425700	Da Religious Wiz (wizard), Level 24 High Priest:
			retrieved Magic Purse of Yendor, Phial of Galadriel,
			Amulet of Yendor, Palantir of Might, Crown of Might,
			Sceptre of Might, Silmaril of Ea, Wand of Orcus,
			a total winner on level 101.
2	49879992	32335804	Dr. C (herbie), Level 20 Wizard:
			retrieved Magic Purse of Yendor, Phial of Galadriel,
			Amulet of Yendor, Palantir of Might, Crown of Might,
			Sceptre of Might, Silmaril of Ea, Wand of Orcus,
			a total winner on level 102.
3	9251104	10737546	Walter Mitty (dmcanzi), Level 18 Wizard:
			retrieved Magic Purse of Yendor, Phial of Galadriel,
			Amulet of Yendor, Palantir of Might,
			killed on level 199 by an ancient blue dragon.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!hachong
CSNET: hachong%watmath@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  hachong%watmath%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

NETNORTH, BITNET, EARN: herbie@watdcs  (will disappear soon)

bjanz@watarts.UUCP (Bruce Janz) (08/27/85)

In article <4859@stolaf.UUCP> twiss@stolaf.UUCP (Thomas S. Twiss) writes:
>*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
>
>	I'm curious about high scores for advanced rogue version 1.0.
>Does anyone have any they wish to brag about?  What are the high scores
>of players out there?  Here's your chance to boldfacedly brag!  C'mon,
>let's hear 'em!  (Post or mail, I don't care).

Well, if I have to. . .

Rank    Score   Gold             Name
1       1003156498       194844805        mithrandir (bjanz) Level 24 Wizard

Amazingly enough, I was killed in this game after having my crystalline
explode (one of the added extras our friendly dungeon master Herbie included).

In the older versions of our game, where raise level potions were more
available, I had a couple of games wrap around on the score. Apparently,
it is not safe to go above about 2 billion.

--

Reality is for those who have no imagination. . .

                                  b janz

          watmath!watarts!bjanz     OR     watmath!watdcs!bbjanz