[gnu.g++] help on installing g++-1.35 on SunOs 4.0

schmidt@glacier.ics.uci.edu (Doug Schmidt) (10/07/89)

In article <OGANDO.89Oct6203349@coral.cis.ufl.edu>, ogando@coral (Roger M Ogando) writes:
>After creating g++, I got the following error message during linking:
>
>	/lib/crt0.o: Undefined symbol __DYNAMIC referenced from text
>
>I also tried to replace crt0.o by crt0+.o which was generated
>during building g++.  I got another message:
>
>	Error: Unresolved reference to symbol start
>
>Without linking, "g++ -c" works fine.
>
>I understand GNU C++ uses its own crt0.c.  However, I had been trying
>several methods without success.
>
>Any hint?  Thanks a lot.

You need to get the new beta version of g++ 1.36 (g++.xtar.Z and
libg++.xtar.Z from labrea.stanford.edu in ~ftp/pub/gnu).  This release
will fix that particular problem.

Doug
--
Master Swordsman speak of humility;             | schmidt@ics.uci.edu (ARPA)
Philosophers speak of truth;                    | office: (714) 856-4034