[net.games.rogue] More rogue help, please...

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (08/20/85)

Well, I found a few more cryptic messages after a few games with a new 1200BPS
modem (rogue is next to impossible at 300BPS..).  Just now, the thing tells me
"Warning, connectivity problem on this level."  Huh?  What's that?
And of course, a few random special effects:
Potion:  "This potion tastes extremely dull."
Scroll:  "This scroll seems to be blank."
And do sleep scrolls have any significance at all?  I'll post all findings
to the net after I get responses to this one.
						Carl Greenberg

apt@inmet.UUCP (08/21/85)

Dull potions and blank scrolls do absolutely nothing.  They are good, however,
if you like to carry all that you can so that you can use a scare monster
scroll more than once.

			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-

			      ...harpo!inmet!apt
			      ...hplabs!sri-unix!cca!ima!inmet!apt
			      ...yale-comix!ima!inmet!apt

dta@cpsc53.UUCP (Doug Anderson) (08/27/85)

> Dull potions and blank scrolls do absolutely nothing.  They are good, however,
> if you like to carry all that you can so that you can use a scare monster
> scroll more than once.
>
> 			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-

How do you use a scare monster scroll More then once??

	D. Anderson

		<still at AT&T - IS >

		Not a spokesperson for anyone....including
		myself

bjanz@watarts.UUCP (Bruce Janz) (08/28/85)

In article <85109@cpsc53.UUCP> dta@cpsc53.UUCP (Doug Anderson) writes:

>> Dull potions and blank scrolls do absolutely nothing.  They are good, however,
>> if you like to carry all that you can so that you can use a scare monster
>> scroll more than once.

>How do you use a scare monster scroll More then once??

If your pack is full, then you can move onto it. You won't be able to pick
it up, but it will still function. But the point is moot, since all you
have to do is use the "m" key, which will move you onto a space without
picking up whatever is there. Therefore, you don't need a full pack.

--

Reality is for those who have no imagination. . .

                                  b janz

          watmath!watarts!bjanz     OR     watmath!watdcs!bbjanz

peter@baylor.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (08/29/85)

> Dull potions and blank scrolls do absolutely nothing.  They are good, however,
> if you like to carry all that you can so that you can use a scare monster
> scroll more than once.
>
> 			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-

How do you use a scare monster scroll in the first place? It's never done
anything for me.
--
	Peter (Made in Australia) da Silva
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter

brosenstein@watarts.UUCP (Barbara Rosenstein) (08/30/85)

this may be a little too simple but remember that if you enchant a scroll of
scare monster then when you pick it up it becomes normal.  So, if you can cast
a spell of enchant,  or happen to come upon a game in which there is a great
abundance of scrolls of enchantment, one scroll of scare monster can last you
a long time.  bye bye

ksl@hou2e.UUCP (a hacker) (09/11/85)

>> Dull potions and blank scrolls do absolutely nothing.  They are good, however,
>> if you like to carry all that you can so that you can use a scare monster
>> scroll more than once.
>>

>How do you use a scare monster scroll in the first place? It's never done
>anything for me.

Scare monster scrolls, when being stood on, will leave you un-prone to
attacks - monsters will not attack ("scare"d).

hou2e!ksl