[gnu.g++] g++ for 80x86 MS-DOS?

perand@nada.kth.se (Per Andersson) (02/12/90)

In article <14860@cs.yale.edu> powsner.medinf@yccatsmtp.ycc.yale.edu (Seth M Powsner) writes:
>Is g++ available for PC compatibles running plain MS-DOS? Is this a
>reasonable question?

Yawn. Here we go again : GCC ( which implicitly includes G++ ) is made for a
computer with 32-bit integers and at least 1 meg of contigous memory. Since
a PC has 16 bit integers and it can only adress 1 meg with almost half taken
by display card and os this will never happen. You want to use c++ on a pc -
well there is something called Zortech C++. Otherwise you might consider an
Atari ST, it can be persuaded to run G++, it runs GCC today.

Per
--
---
Per Andersson

rms@AI.MIT.EDU (02/12/90)

I'd like to remind everyone not to promote or recommend proprietary
software, such as compilers which are not free, on GNU
newsgroups/mailing lists.  The purpose of our lists is to encourage
sharing; encouraging the use of software that is not free does not do
this.