[net.followup] Politics

pete@stc.UUCP (Peter Kendell) (07/04/85)

                        !!! *P*L*E*A*S*E* !!!

        Can we restore net.followup to its original purpose and move
        discussion of events in Beirut and elsewhere to net.politics?

                YES - The discussion is valid!
                BUT - It's in the wrong place!

        I'm not trying to limit *anyone's* right of self-expression.
--
	Peter Kendell <pete@stc.UUCP>

	...mcvax!ukc!stc!pete

	It is said that truth is relative. It is also said that we
	choose our friends, but that we're stuck with our relatives.

	This is all the disclaimer you're getting.

In article <200@epimass.UUCP> jbuck@epimass.UUCP (Joe Buck) writes:
>this list is the only place where real international political
>discussion can take place.

quel dommage -- what a pity.  can't you all create a mod.politics
for "correct" political discussion ("correct" in all those repressive
countries where some opinions must be repressed) and leave this
newsgroup alone?

Note that I'm not totally uninvolved in politics -- I just think
net.general and net.followup are among the totally wrong places
for it.

By the way, Mr. Buck, thank you for pointing out to all the flamers
on the net that Mr. Crone's US-centric position on Nicaragua is not
the only one, nor is it  T H E  US position, as all responders seem
to have assumed.  I'm not sure that your reverse figures are accurate
either -- but free speech and free will give us the opportunity to
err, eh?
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}