[net.games.rogue] ring of vampiric regeneration

asw@aluxe.UUCP (WEINER) (10/08/85)

Could someone tell me the difference between a ring of regeneration and
a ring of vampiric regeneration?  There seems to be more to it than just
the regeneration rate.  These rings are rare and quite expensive to
purchase from the q or in a trading post.
I am playing Advanced Rogue 4.?

                                   Thanks in Advance
                                   Al Weiner

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (10/10/85)

In article <> asw@aluxe.UUCP (WEINER) writes:
>Could someone tell me the difference between a ring of regeneration and
>a ring of vampiric regeneration?  There seems to be more to it than just
>the regeneration rate.  These rings are rare and quite expensive to
>purchase from the q or in a trading post.
>I am playing Advanced Rogue 4.?
I've never touched Advanced Rogue 4.?, but I would love the sources.  However,
it seems that since rogue is based on Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, that my
copy of the Dungeon Master's Guide should help:
RING OF REGENERATION:  There are 2 forms of this ring:  the standard ring of
regeneration restores 1 hit point of damage (and will replace lost limbs or
organs eventually also) per turn.  It will bring its wearer back from death
(but if poison is the cause, the saving throw must be made or else the wearer
dies again from the poison in his system).  Only total destruction of all
living tissue by fire or acid or similar means will prevent regeneration.  Of
course, the ring must be worn, and its removal stops regeneration processes.
The rare form is the vampiric regeneration ring.  This ring bestows one-half
of the hit points of damage the wearer inflicts on opponents in hand-to-hand
(melee, non-missile, non-spell) combat immediately upon the wearer (fractions
dropped).  It does not otherwise cause regeneration or restore life, limb, or
organ.  The chances are 90% for a regular ring of regeneration and 10% for a
ring of vampiric regeneration.
							Carl Greenberg