[gnu.gcc] GNU cc for HCX-9 and other GNU compiler stuff

piet@ruuinf.uucp (Piet van Oostrum) (09/30/88)

This question consists of two parts, but they are actually related.

1. Has anybody ported GNU cc to the Harris HCX-9 (also known as CCI/Tahoe) yet?

2. Has anybody tried to seperate the code generation part of gcc from the
parsing part. I ask this because I would like to write a Modula-2 compiler
with the same code generator.

--
Piet van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, University of Utrecht
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands

tower@bu-it.bu.edu (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) (10/03/88)

In article <2728@ima.ima.isc.com> gnu@toad.com writes:
|[about grafting different language front ends such as Modula2 onto gcc]

If anyone is interested in doing additional front-ends, they should
check with rms@prep.ai.mit.edu first, and see if anyone else is
working on one for the language in question.

If you want your work incorporated into the master GNU gcc sources
kept by rms, you'll almost definitely have to assign them to FSF, and
have proper copyright notices on them.  Again, discuss this with rms
if you're serious.

General questions about GNU can be directed at gnu@prep.ai.mit.edu .

enjoy -len
[From "Leonard H. Tower Jr." <tower@bu-it.bu.edu>]
--

compilers-sender@ima.BU.EDU (10/13/88)

In article <2728@ima.ima.isc.com> gnu@toad.com writes:
>There is a group (I think in Buffalo, NY) porting gcc to the Tahoe.
>Keith Bostic (bostic@okeeffe.berkeley.edu) is in touch with this work
>and could tell you more.

Yeah, we're working on the gcc to Tahoe port. It's nearly done. We've
got it to bootstrap and we've compiled a number of our user level commands
and installed them with no problems. There's still a few bugs that we're
aware of and everything isn't "clean" yet. So we haven't mailed anything
to FSF. That'll be in a week or two.

Devon Bowen (KA2NRC)		FAX:	   (716) 636-3464
University at Buffalo		BITNET:    bowen@sunybcs.BITNET
				Internet:  bowen@cs.Buffalo.EDU
UUCP: ...!{ames,boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!bowen