[net.games.rogue] The Sight of the ??? terrifies you...

ryan@ucla-cs.UUCP (10/12/85)

I bet many rogue 2.0 players have heard that line before...

My Question to you is:

How can you reduce the chance of being terrified?
--
Ryan Ramsey
UCLA Computer Science Department

ryan@ucla-locus.arpa
..!{sdcrdcf,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!ryan
Home Phone- (213) 391-2888

herbie@polaris.UUCP (Herb Chong) (10/18/85)

In article <7090@ucla-cs.ARPA> ryan@ucla-cs.UUCP writes:
>I bet many rogue 2.0 players have heard that line before...
>
>My Question to you is:
>
>How can you reduce the chance of being terrified?

to my knowlege, there is nothing you can do.  the chances of you being
terrified are fixed for the duration of the game.  for ultra-rogue,
a potion of superheroism prevents you from being terrified while it
lasts.

Herb Chong...

I'm still user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

New net address --

VNET,BITNET,NETNORTH,EARN: HERBIE AT YKTVMH
UUCP:  {allegra|cbosgd|cmcl2|decvax|ihnp4|seismo}!philabs!polaris!herbie
CSNET: herbie.yktvmh@ibm-sj.csnet
ARPA:  herbie.yktvmh.ibm-sj.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

dxp@houxf.UUCP (POND SCUM) (10/21/85)

->>   >
->>   >My Question to you is:
->>   >
->>   >How can you reduce the chance of being terrified?
->>
->>to my knowlege, there is nothing you can do.  the chances of you being
->>terrified are fixed for the duration of the game.  for ultra-rogue,
->>a potion of superheroism prevents you from being terrified while it
->>lasts.
->>
->>Herb Chong...
->>

    Could one summize therefore that a "ring of heroism" would reduce or
negate the chances of one being terrified ?  (V = Advanced Rogue 5.5).

    Dave Peak
    @  ihnp4!hotel!dxp

"All the net's a stage and all the men and women merely ham actors !"
- Rev Peak (apologies to Bill S.)