[gnu.gcc] XGDB core dumps after GCC 1.32 compilation

schultz@mmm.UUCP (John C Schultz) (01/16/89)

Has anyone successfully compiled XGDB (version 3.0 downloaded from GDB sources
at osu-cis) using GCC 1.32?  Everything compiles and links OK using X11R2 on a
SUN 3/60 under SunOS 3.5 but when I try to debug a file I get

X Toolkit Warning: No type converter registered for 'String' to 'EditMode' conversion

text does not appear in the XGDB window and the next GDB command causes a core
dump regardless of the command.

Before I get desperate and try to debug the core dump, has anyone
solved this problem already?  Or is it a related to using X11R2 rather
than X11R3?
--
 john c. schultz   schultz@3M.Com   ..!uiucuxc!mmm!schultz  (612) 733-4047
           3M Center, Bldg 518-1-1, St. Paul, MN 55144-1000

bob@allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (01/17/89)

In article <1218@mmm.UUCP> schultz@mmm.UUCP (John C Schultz) writes:
>... [gdb3.0, gcc 1.32, SunOS3.5] ...
>X Toolkit Warning: No type converter registered for 'String' to 'EditMode' conversion
>...is it a related to using X11R2 rather than X11R3?

No, because the same thing happens under R3.  I haven't seen (nor
found) a solution yet.