[net.games.rogue] Rings of Adornment

tedrick@ernie.BERKELEY.EDU (Tom Tedrick) (10/21/85)

OK, here is another question about rings of adornment.
This is for version 5.3

Are these rings useful for anything in this version?
I tried wearing it, and wielding it, when fighting
nymphs, but it didn't do any good (she robbed me both
times).

   -Tom
    tedrick@ucbernie.ARPA

stephen@dcl-cs.UUCP (Stephen J. Muir) (10/24/85)

In article <10754@ucbvax.ARPA> tedrick@ernie.UUCP (Tom Tedrick) writes:
>OK, here is another question about rings of adornment.
>This is for version 5.3
>Are these rings useful for anything in this version?

No -- they are complete red herrings.
--
UUCP:	...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!stephen
DARPA:	stephen%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,

geoff@ncr-sd.UUCP (Geoffrey Walton) (10/25/85)

> OK, here is another question about rings of adornment.
> This is for version 5.3
>
> Are these rings useful for anything in this version?
> I tried wearing it, and wielding it, when fighting
> nymphs, but it didn't do any good (she robbed me both
> times).
>
>    -Tom
>     tedrick@ucbernie.ARPA

*** MASSAGE THIS LINE WITH YOUR REPLACEMENT ***

As far as I know, there is no real use for this ring; it is, as
its name implies, only adornment.

Geoff Walton
NCR E&M San Diego
...!ucbvax!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!geoff
Even the smallest problem becomes unsolvable if enough meetings
are held to discuss it.