From: foessmeier@infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.DE ("Reinhard Foessmeier")
Newsgroups: soc.culture.esperanto
Subject: Nova komunikad-moralo
Date: 5 Apr 89 09:50:00 GMT

Dato: Mer Apr  5 09:22:53 MET L^ST 1989

Antaw kelkaj tagoj mi afi^sis en la grupo "comp.misc" jenan tekston,
kiu estas traduko de resumo de tezoj pri "nova komunikad-moralo".
Mi aldonas la originalan resumon en Esperanto malsupre.

During its General Assembly in september 1988, the International Academy
of Sciences of San Marino (AIS) decided to stimulate discussion about copyright
on software and printed material.  In the meantime, Helmar Frank
has published a proposal which (among other things) suggests that software
is no "ware" in the ordinary sense of the word, and that therefore any copyright
should be abolished.

Frank's theses appeared in the proceedings of the AIS conference held at
Eupen (Belgium) in december 1988, titled "Kommunikation -- mit Rechnern, durch
Rechner, ohne Rechner" (German, summaries in French and ILo), published by
"Verlag Modernes Lernen".  I have tried to translate the summary and
post it below.

If there are reactions (e-mail to me -- gladly in German), I shall forward
them to Helmar Frank (currently no e-mail) and also summarize on the net.
BTW, can anyone think of a more specific newsgroup this might go into?
What about soc.communic.impact or soc.software.copyright? :-)

Detailed reactions are welcome, but if anybody simply wishes to express
approval or disapproval, he/she is free to award the following three
maxims each a mark between -3 (full disapproval) and +3 (full consent).
(Integer marks, please, anything else will be rounded!)

Reinhard Foessmeier, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
<foessmeier@infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de>
Perspectives of a New Communicational Morality for the Cybernetical Era
			Helmar Frank

Due to progress in cybernetical technology, information is piling up
and its exchange and processing is speeding up to a such degree that the
principles of traditional communicational morality are shaking.  Three
maxims of a new communicational morality seem to be more adequate for the
cybernetical era.

1. In the field of art and technology, not only the pollution of the natural
   (material) environment must be fought but also -- and with the same effort
   -- the pollution of the cultural (informational) environment. In a nutshell:
   Culture conservation is as important as nature conservation.
   ["Maxim of rejection of informational pollution"]

2. The development of international scientific communication with the goal of
   future advances is more important than short-sighted, frantic acceleration
   of present advances in any special branch.  In a nutshell:  Advances for
   future communication are more important than communication of present
   advances.  ["Maxim of the priority of the communication process"]

3. The cultural community of the International Language, conscious that to
   commun-icate means to "make common", should be a pioneer on the road to
   informational commun-ism and a model to promote abolition of the anti-
   cultural laws based on the superstition of "soft-ware". In a nutshell:
   Copyright is a superstition hostile to civilization.  ["Maxim of
   non-commercialization of culture"]

In september 1988 the AIS decided at San Marino to open an international
discussion about a new communicational morality.  The above maxims are to
be considered as a contribution to this discussion.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>> kaj nun, la Esperanto teksto:

Perspektivoj de nova komunikad-moralo por la kibernetika epoko (resumo)
			Helmar Frank

Pro la progresoj de la kibernetika tekniko amasi^gas la informo kaj
plirapidi^gas la transsendado kaj pritraktado tiom, ke ek^sanceli^gis
principoj de la ^gisnuna komunikadmoralo.  Tri maksimoj de nova moralo
pri komunikado ^sajnas pli adekvataj al la kibernetika epoko:

1. Batalendas -- precipe sur la kampoj de arto kaj tekniko -- ne nur
   kontraw la polucio de la natura (materia) vivmedio, sed ankaw --
   kaj neniel malpli -- kontraw la polucio de la vivmedio kultura (informa).
   Mallonge: Kulturprotektado samgravas kiel naturprotektado.
   ("Maksimo de la evitenda informeca polucio")

2. Pli gravas la evoluigo de la internacia scienca komunikado samrajta cele
   kunan atingon de estontaj progresoj, ol miopa, spasma plirapidigo de
   nunaj, unuopaj, specialsciencaj progresoj. Mallonge: Progresoj por la
   estonta komunikado pli gravas ol komunikado de nunaj progresoj.
   (" Maksimo de la prioritato de la komunikada progreso")

3. La internacilingva kulturo, konscia ke komuniki signifas komunigi,
   fari^gu pioniro survoje al informeca komunismo, kaj modelo instiganta
   al abolicio de la kontrawkulturaj le^goj bazi^gantaj sur la super-
   sti^co pri "softa varo". Mallonge: La kopirajto estas supersti^ca
   kontrawkultureco. ("Maksimo de la ne-merkatad-ebleco de la kulturo")

En la septembro 1988 en San Marino, AIS decidis malfermi internacian
diskuton pri nova komunikad-moralo.  La starigitaj maksimoj estas
konsiderendaj kiel kontribuo al ^ci tiu diskuto.
Kiel mi menciis en la originala afi^so, mi pludonos eventualajn reagojn
al prof. Helmar Frank, la awtoro de la artikolo. La plena (German-lingva)
versio trovi^gas en la libro "Kommunikation -- mit Rechnern, durch
Rechner, ohne Rechner",  publikigita de "Verlag Modernes Lernen".

Reinhard F\"ossmeier, Technische Univ. M\"unchen | Laboro estas la pereo
foessmeier@infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de | de la drinkanta klaso!
   [ { relay.cs.net | unido.uucp } ]             |

-And Shahrazad was surprised by the dawn of the day, and ceased to say
her permitted say.