[net.games.rogue] I can't remember if anyone's asked this, but...

scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) (10/25/85)

What does the potion that says 'You have a strange feeling, and then it
passes' do?  I have run across several of these lately, and have never
had a chance to use a scroll of identify on one...

-Sean Colbath

"Dave, why don't you take a stress pill and lie down for a while?"
UUCP:    {allegra,decvax,ihnp4}!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!scco
BITNET:  SCCO@UORVM

bi50xrs@sdcc3.UUCP (rich) (10/29/85)

In article <190@ur-tut.UUCP> scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) writes:
>What does the potion that says 'You have a strange feeling, and then it
>passes' do?

strange feeling means that potion/scroll could not be used.
ex:
you've picked up all of the gold on that floor
then you read a scroll of find all gold.
no gold on floor
so it replies you have a strange feeling for a moment.

the scroll/potion could be almost anything from
damage/enchant weapon if you're not wielding one
to sense gold,food,objects, or, monsters(rare)

ebert@puff.UUCP (11/06/85)

> What does the potion that says 'You have a strange feeling, and then it
> passes' do?  I have run across several of these lately, and have never
> had a chance to use a scroll of identify on one...

    The potion is a potion of detection (magic/gold/monster)  If there were
    items of the sort the potion was designed to detect they would be shown,
    but there aren't any left (because you either got them all or killed them
    all) so. . . you get a strange feeling.
       By the way, Magic Users seem to have a much better chance of survival
    than other classes, because they have so much control over the objects,
    found.  (Identify spell)  Is this the truth or just personal taste?

				-- Bob (no one knows where I am)