Subject: Weird Traps
Date: 27 Oct 85 21:03:31 GMT

I had a rather unusual experience with a trap in rogue v 5.2 today, much like
the 'no trap there' bug.  I was on level 17, and moved off of a square to find
a trap where I had been sitting.  I hadn't noticed any message about being
injured from the trap, so I did an 'identify trap' and got:

                      Weird trap:  7--More--

I experimented with moving on/off of the trap, and nothing seemed to happen.
My characteristics didn't change, and unless it was affecting the parameters
of the game or something, it wasn't doing anything visible.  Has anyone else
had a similar experience?

-Sean Colbath

"Dave, why don't you take a stress pill and lie down for a while?"
UUCP:    {allegra,decvax,ihnp4}!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!scco
BITNET:  SCCO@UORVM