[net.games.rogue] new game name

farabaug@andromeda.UUCP (Peter Farabaugh) (11/05/85)

     I am in the process of writing a new game in the rogue and hack
tradition. I am looking for sugestions for a name for it. I also would
appreciate suggestions about new thing you would like to see in the game,
new monsters, treasures, spells, anything you don't like about rogue or hack
that you don't want to see in the game

          Just post any replies that you have on this board.

                                              *******************
                                              * THE GREY SLAYER *
                                              *******************

farabaug@andromeda.UUCP (Peter Farabaugh) (11/06/85)

             I am currently writing a new, improved game in the rogue tradition
      and I am looking for suggestions for a name. I will also consider any advi
      advice on new treasures, spells, magic items, monsters, traps etc. Also,
      tell me about things that you don't like about the current games.

        send replies to ...!topaz!andromeda/u1/farabaug

                                            *******************
                                            * The Grey Slayer *
                                            *******************

qwerty@drutx.UUCP (Brian Jones) (11/10/85)

how about 'hague', pronounced like hag??
--

Brian Jones  aka  {ihnp4,}!drutx!qwerty  @  AT&T-IS, Denver

cc100jr@gitpyr.UUCP (Joel M. Rives) (11/13/85)

In article <22@andromeda.UUCP> farabaug@andromeda.UUCP (Peter Farabaugh) writes:

>     I am in the process of writing a new game in the rogue and hack
>tradition. I am looking for sugestions for a name for it. I also would
>appreciate suggestions about new thing you would like to see in the game,
>new monsters, treasures, spells, anything you don't like about rogue or hack
>that you don't want to see in the game

I would like to see Multiuser interaction (wouldn't we all!) in the tradition
of Moria and Avatar.

			 The never-present Whisper Spirit

janusz@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (11/21/85)

/* Written  9:30 am  Nov 13, 1985 by cc100jr@gitpyr.UUCP in uiucdcs:net.games.rogue */
I would like to see Multiuser interaction (wouldn't we all!) in the tradition
of Moria and Avatar.

			 The never-present Whisper Spirit
/* End of text from uiucdcs:net.games.rogue */

------

The two PLATO Cybers handle 40 users in Avatar extremely well, but putting
a popular multi-user CPU chower on a Vax...I shudder at the thought.