[net.games.rogue] Slime-mold juice potion.

patty@utcsri.UUCP (Patricia A. Handrigan) (11/12/85)

Can anyone tell me if the potion that tastes like slime-mold juice
does anlything?

Thanks.

ching@amd.UUCP (Mike Ching) (11/13/85)

In article <> patty@utcsri.UUCP (Patricia A. Handrigan) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if the potion that tastes like slime-mold juice
>does anlything?
>
>Thanks.

Slime mold juice is a see invisible potion.

rentsch@unc.UUCP (Tim Rentsch) (11/14/85)

I have heard (but have never tried) that if your fruit is set to
"carrot" then the potion that "tastes like carrot juice" enables you
to see in the dark.  Does anyone know if this is true?

bi50xrs@sdcc3.UUCP (dragonpup) (11/15/85)

In article <1634@utcsri.UUCP> patty@utcsri.UUCP (Patricia A. Handrigan) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if the potion that tastes like slime-mold juice
>does anlything?

that is equivalent to finding food.  only it's of liquid form and
doesn't last as long.

guzzi@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU (11/16/85)

>I have heard (but have never tried) that if your fruit is set to
>"carrot" then the potion that "tastes like carrot juice" enables you
>to see in the dark.  Does anyone know if this is true?

The potion is a see invisible potion -- allows you to see phantoms or
invisible stalkers (depending on your version).  Don't know about naming
the fruit carrot.  This potion is also a cure for blindness.

ksl@hou2e.UUCP (a hacker) (11/17/85)

Come on, guys.  Who said it was detect food?  Slime-mold (fruit) juice
is detect invisibility.

hou2e!ksl	Gandalf

pmm1920@ritcv.UUCP (11/18/85)

> >Can anyone tell me if the potion that tastes like slime-mold juice
> >does anything?
>
> that is equivalent to finding food.  only it's of liquid form and
> doesn't last as long.

I always thought that slime-mold juice cured blindness (along with acting as
food).  Maybe only in certain versions does it cure blindness, though.

				Paul Meyerhofer
				(masscomp!ritcv!pmm1920)

dsg1@ur-tut.UUCP (David Goldberg) (11/21/85)

On the subject of potions, what does the potion that tastes dull do?
I've just started playing the game, and so far, this is the only potion
that I've encountered that I can't figure out.

Thanks,

    Dave Goldberg