[gnu.gcc] GAS for the SPARC

ewerlid@kuling.UUCP (Ove Ewerlid) (05/31/89)

Binary freaks interested in a sparc-GAS can get it from

	emil.csd.uu.se	(130.238.64.4)

	under pub/gnu/distribution	(gas-1.33.sparc.tar.Z)

	via anonymous ftp.

This version assembles it self.
It is not related to the sparc.h and sparc-opcode.h that is to be found
in the gas-1.33 dist.

I first intended to get it to compile GCC/G++ before this message was sent.
Alas GCC/G++ requires floats. When I started to hack atof-generic.c
I noticed that there where several severe bugs(!)
It do assemble GCC/G++ but all .double directives is clamped to 0x0.

Could the person/persons that is responsible for the atof-generic.c in
gas-1.33 please get in touch with:

	ewerlid@mizar.docs.uu.se (130.238.67.6)

so we can coordinate a fix!

Hmmm... This is the third machine I try to post this message from.
You may end up seeing it again.........

ewerlid@kuling.UUCP (Ove Ewerlid) (06/02/89)

In article <1017@kuling.UUCP> ewerlid@kuling.UUCP (Ove Ewerlid) writes:
>Binary freaks interested in a sparc-GAS can get it from
>
>	emil.csd.uu.se	(130.238.64.4)
>
>	under pub/gnu/distribution	(gas-1.33.sparc.tar.Z)
>
>	via anonymous ftp.
>

>This version assembles it self.

It now successfully participates in the building of GCC too.