[gnu.gcc] Good news about jail

rms@AI.MIT.EDU (06/17/89)

I am glad to hear that jail will not be as bad as I have sometimes
feared.  This may make the challenge of standing up for my convictions
less difficult for me to face.

brooks@vette.llnl.gov (Eugene Brooks) (06/17/89)

In article <8906161936.AA00323@sugar-bombs.ai.mit.edu> rms@AI.MIT.EDU writes:
>I am glad to hear that jail will not be as bad as I have sometimes
>feared.  This may make the challenge of standing up for my convictions
>less difficult for me to face.

The latest jail in Dublin CA was such a mansion that they delayed the
official opening several weeks to allow the public to tour it.  One item
I forgot to mention, however, is that when you are communicating to the
outside world on your modem there will be a guard watching your every
keystoke and pressing the break key whenever he sees something he does not
like.  This would probably be an infringement on your "rights" you can't
tolerate, although from your responses to some postings you clearly like
to being the guard.

brooks@maddog.llnl.gov, brooks@maddog.uucp