[gnu.gcc] Problems building GCC 1.35 on a Sun-4/SunOS 4.0.13

jlo@elan.elan.com (Jeff Lo) (07/19/89)

I have been trying to build GCC 1.35 on Sun-4's running SunOS 4.0.1
and 4.0.3.  The compiles always complete without error, but comparing
the stage2 and stage3 *.o files always results in a dozen or so
differences of content and size.  config.gcc was given the sun4-os4
option.  Nothing else was changed from the base distribution.  Does
anybody know for sure if the gcc-1.35 distribution on uunet is
up-to-date or if there is a problem with this release of GCC on
Sun-4's?  GCC 1.34 didn't give me any of these problems.  Thanks!

--
Jeff Lo, Elan Computer Group, Inc.
jlo@elan.com, ..!{ames,uunet}!elan!jlo

jlo@elan.elan.com (Jeff Lo) (07/20/89)

In article <577@elan.elan.com> jlo@elan.com (Jeff Lo) writes:
>I have been trying to build GCC 1.35 on Sun-4's running SunOS 4.0.1
>and 4.0.3.  The compiles always complete without error, but comparing
>the stage2 and stage3 *.o files always results in a dozen or so
>differences of content and size.

Thanks to everyone who sent mail with suggestions on fixing this.
It turns out that the problem I was experiencing only occured when
I compiled without the -g flag.  After turning on the -g flag,
everything checked out fine.  On to G++...