[gnu.gcc] GCC 1.36.

fischer@utower.UUCP (Axel Fischer) (09/25/89)

adtaiwo@athena.mit.edu (Ademola Taiwo) writes:

>Yeah Great!
>	I have been trying to compile this code without success for the past
>two nights. I need help!
>	OS Xenix SysV 2.3.2
>	Compiler Xenix comipler 2.3.2
Ok, we can shake hands - I have compiled reload and reload1 but after
linking genflags in stage1 genflags core dumps:
genflags md > ...
Segmentation violation.
I have no idea ...

If anyone hase successfully compiled gcc 1.36 under Xenix i386 2.3.2 with
the i386-sysv Option PLEASE PLEASE send me a mail to help me out with the
binaries, fixed source code or whatever.

-Axel
--
UUCP : ...!uunet!unido!tmpmbx!utower!fischer
Telex: 186672 net d

fischer@utower.UUCP (Axel Fischer) (09/25/89)

adtaiwo@athena.mit.edu (Ademola Taiwo) writes:

>	Ok. I am getting somewhere. I got cc1 to compile but there are problems
>about the format of object files. Any advice will be appreciated. (Henry
>Spencer, are you reading this? Hint, Hint)
>	If I choose i386-sysv-gas forget it because of the object format
>problem. So I chose i386-sysv and now I need a header file "sysms.h".
>I would appreciate if a kind soul would e-mail this to me at the email
>address above.
No, just edit tm.h (Option i386-sysv) and #undef SDB_DEBUGGING_INFO

Yes you DON'T want sdb or dbx debugging infos or you have to hack the gcc
to produce x.out code instead of COFF.
Xenix sdb can't debug COFF output.

>Xenix onject format will be very welcome. With that info I can go ahead
>and use Gdb which I am sure will be better than the stupid sdb from PA bell.
I would love to use GDB under Xenix - anyone have a working port.
I'm not finished yet - hopefully next week.

-Axel
--

adtaiwo@athena.mit.edu (Ademola Taiwo) (09/27/89)

Yeah Great!
	I have been trying to compile this code without success for the past
two nights. I need help!
	OS Xenix SysV 2.3.2
	Compiler Xenix comipler 2.3.2
I have tried both the i386-sysv-gas and i386-sysv options: No luck :(
I was able to compile cpp, gcc the libraries but I can't get explow and reload1
to compile. I recall somebody saying thay got this bitch to compile, HOW?
	Should I go back to version 1.35? Should I throw the Xenix compiler
away and donate the computer to the salvation army and find a new hobby?
BTW: I got gas, bison, flex, all binutils to compile. There's something
for the brain damaged Xenix compiler anyway.

I need help fast, so I can start with the original project: Compile BASH
with gcc and throww away all the stupid SCO stuff on my machine. Since I have
Jove who needs vi?

Thank you.

adtaiwo@athena.mit.edu (Ademola Taiwo) (09/27/89)

Hi,
	Ok. I am getting somewhere. I got cc1 to compile but there are problems
about the format of object files. Any advice will be appreciated. (Henry
Spencer, are you reading this? Hint, Hint)
	If I choose i386-sysv-gas forget it because of the object format
problem. So I chose i386-sysv and now I need a header file "sysms.h".
I would appreciate if a kind soul would e-mail this to me at the email
address above.
	If this file is protected by the "Reach out and touch someone" guy,
pointers to how I can get ar and ranlib to generate libraries in the
Xenix onject format will be very welcome. With that info I can go ahead
and use Gdb which I am sure will be better than the stupid sdb from PA bell.
	Thanx.