[gnu.gcc] GNU Torture test

woolsey@netcom.UUCP (Jeff Woolsey) (01/11/90)

I couldn't find a gnu.wanted, so this looks like the next best place.

My boss claims there exists something called the GNU Torture test,
and asked me to obtain it.  Where can I, without FTP access, find
it? (And is there any problem using it in the QA process at a
for-profit concern?)  This assumes that I have the slightest idea
what it is.

While I have your attention, I'd like to get my hands on gcc and
Gnu modula-2 (and other goodies, like gas, gdb, a linker (gold?),
and so on) for the NS32K running Sys V.3 for my own personal,
non-profit use.  Can these wants be accomodated?

Thanks in advance for info.
Jeff Woolsey	Microtec Research, Inc	+1 408 980-1300
...!apple!netcom!woolsey	...!amdcad!sun0!woolsey

rms@AI.MIT.EDU (01/12/90)

Sorry, but we don't have a GNU test suite in any packaged form.  Some
volunteers have various programs set up to test GCC, but they weren't
made for distribution.  We do run them on each version before release.

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (01/12/90)

In article <5549@netcom.UUCP> woolsey@netcom.UUCP (Jeff Woolsey) writes:
   My boss claims there exists something called the GNU Torture test,
   and asked me to obtain it.  Where can I, without FTP access, find
   it?

Try osu-cis!gnu/c-torture-test/c-torture-test.tar.Z.  Though it's not
a GNU product, I stuck it under that directory because it was
announced in a GNU newsgroup.

   I'd like ... gcc and Gnu modula-2 (and other goodies, like gas,
   gdb, a linker (gold?), and so on) for the NS32K running Sys V.3

Some GNU stuff runs on the NS32K, and some runs under SysV.  There
isn't a GNU Modula-2 yet.  You can get it all from prep.ai.mit.edu or
osu-cis.

rfg@ics.uci.edu (Ron Guilmette) (01/12/90)

In article <5549@netcom.UUCP> woolsey@netcom.UUCP (Jeff Woolsey) writes:
>I couldn't find a gnu.wanted, so this looks like the next best place.
>
>My boss claims there exists something called the GNU Torture test,
>and asked me to obtain it.  Where can I, without FTP access, find
>it? (And is there any problem using it in the QA process at a
>for-profit concern?)  This assumes that I have the slightest idea
>what it is.

If there is such a thing, I am also interested.  I created a small test suite
for g++ awhile back which was donated to FSF, but you are probably looking
for a C test suite, right?  I don't have one of those, but I'd like to.

>While I have your attention, I'd like to get my hands on gcc and
>Gnu modula-2 (and other goodies, like gas, gdb, a linker (gold?),
>and so on) for the NS32K running Sys V.3 for my own personal,
>non-profit use.  Can these wants be accomodated?

Gee, Jeff!  I wonder where you got that 32k box! :-)

P.S.  How do you like MicroTech?

// rfg