[gnu.gcc] Assemblers

rms@AI.MIT.EDU (02/09/90)

Please don't use this list (info-gcc, aka gnu.gcc) to carry on a
discussion of possible assembler features.

Even discussing how to support a machine with GCC is too technical for
most of the GCC *users* who read this list, and therefore should be
done elsewhere.

inst182@tuvie (Inst.f.Techn.Informatik) (02/09/90)

In article <9002081748.AA06756@sugar-bombs.ai.mit.edu> rms@AI.MIT.EDU writes:
>Please don't use this list (info-gcc, aka gnu.gcc) to carry on a
>discussion of possible assembler features.
>
>Even discussing how to support a machine with GCC is too technical for
>most of the GCC *users* who read this list, and therefore should be
>done elsewhere.

This seems reasonable. On the other hand, I think there are is an
interest in discussing such technical issues also. What about having a
group ``gnu.gcc.port'' or ``gnu.gcc.tech'' to discuss technical and
porting issues? Any comments?

By the way, could somebody please mail me the documentation for the
GNU assembler?

					bye,
						mike
      /   / / / /   Michael K. Gschwind             mike@vlsivie.at
     /   / / / /    Institute for VLSI-Design       mike@vlsivie.uucp
     ---/           Technical University, Vienna
       /
   ___/