[net.games.rogue] Help needed

abrossard@watcgl.UUCP (Alain Brossard) (02/26/86)

[munchies]

	I have been playing ultra-rogue for a few weeks now and I still
have not figured out the following things:

1) Is there anyway to prevent being petrified by a Basilic???  The rings
	sustain health and of alertness didn't help at all.

2) What is the purpose of the ring of sustain health?

3) Why is the ring of adornment worth so much? Is it of any use?

4) What do you do with the artefacts?  I have tried everything I could
	think of, but nothing happens.

5) Do the scroll of nothing and staff of nothing have any uses?

6) How useful is a staff of Degenerate Monster?  They seem to get weaker,
	but they sure keep figthing.

	To all the pro's out there who know the answers, please mail
me and I will summarize to the net if there is some request.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Alain Brossard, CS Dept., U. Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
CSNET:abrossard%watcgl@waterloo.csnet
ARPA :abrossard%watcgl%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
UUCP :{allegra|clyde|linus|utzoo|inhp4|decvax}!watmath!watcgl!abrossard
--

herbie@polaris.UUCP (Herb Chong) (03/01/86)

In article <362@watcgl.UUCP> abrossard@watcgl.UUCP (Alain Brossard) writes:
>[munchies]
>	I have been playing ultra-rogue for a few weeks now and I still
>have not figured out the following things:

i assume you mean UltraRogue 1.02 08/23/85.  it makes a small difference.

>1) Is there anyway to prevent being petrified by a Basilic???  The rings
>	sustain health and of alertness didn't help at all.

think.  what does petrified tunr you into?  now, what allows you to move through it?

>2) What is the purpose of the ring of sustain health?

should be obvious.  what state are you in when you are not healthy?  think of
synonyms that are used in messages on the screen.

>3) Why is the ring of adornment worth so much? Is it of any use?

what is the meaning of life?  everything has a purpose and a logical place in
the urogue universe (unlike some of the arbitrariness on hack).  if you
know it's worth so much, i assume you've try to sell it.  have you tried
wearing it EVERYWHERE?

>4) What do you do with the artefacts?  I have tried everything I could
>	think of, but nothing happens.

try the activate/apply command 'A'.

>5) Do the scroll of nothing and staff of nothing have any uses?

nothing is nothing.

>6) How useful is a staff of Degenerate Monster?  They seem to get weaker,
>	but they sure keep figthing.

a weak monster doesn't mean that it's going to run away or stop hitting.

>	To all the pro's out there who know the answers, please mail
>me and I will summarize to the net if there is some request.

i like the publicity it gets from posting.

Herb Chong...

I'm still user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

VNET,BITNET,NETNORTH,EARN: HERBIE AT YKTVMH
UUCP:  {allegra|cbosgd|cmcl2|decvax|ihnp4|seismo}!philabs!polaris!herbie
CSNET: herbie.yktvmh@ibm-sj.csnet
ARPA:  herbie.yktvmh.ibm-sj.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa, herbie%yktvmh.bitnet@wiscvm
DISCLAIMER:  what you just read was produced by pouring lukewarm
tea for 42 seconds onto 9 people chained to 6 Ouiji boards.

abrossard@watcgl.UUCP (Alain Brossard) (03/04/86)

In article <460@polaris.UUCP> herbie@polaris.UUCP (Herb Chong) writes:

>i assume you mean UltraRogue 1.02 08/23/85.  it makes a small difference.
>
>>4) What do you do with the artefacts?  I have tried everything I could
>>	think of, but nothing happens.
>
>try the activate/apply command 'A'.

	Yes, but what is supposed to happen, I have tried everything after
activating them, but nothing seems to happen except message like

You feel a strange sense of lost.

	Their only use I have seen is selling them.

--

greg@unlv.UUCP (03/07/86)

In article <391@watcgl.UUCP> abrossard@watcgl.UUCP (Alain Brossard) writes:
>In article <460@polaris.UUCP> herbie@polaris.UUCP (Herb Chong) writes:
>>
>>i assume you mean UltraRogue 1.02 08/23/85.  it makes a small difference.
>>
>>>4) What do you do with the artefacts?  I have tried everything I could
>>>	think of, but nothing happens.
>>
>>try the activate/apply command 'A'.
>>

>	Yes, but what is supposed to happen, I have tried everything after
>activating them, but nothing seems to happen except message like
>
>You feel a strange sense of lost.
>
>	Their only use I have seen is selling them.

	just be patient sometimes it takes awhile, but actually their effets
dont seem to be worth the risk...
						--Greg
						 seismo!unrvax\
							       >!unlv!greg
						hplaps!parcvax/

warren@ll-xn.UUCP (03/08/86)

In article <391@watcgl.UUCP>, abrossard@watcgl.UUCP (Alain Brossard) writes:
>In article <460@polaris.UUCP> herbie@polaris.UUCP (Herb Chong) writes:
>>>4) What do you do with the artefacts?  I have tried everything I could
>>>	think of, but nothing happens.
>>try the activate/apply command 'A'.
>	Yes, but what is supposed to happen, I have tried everything after
>activating them, but nothing seems to happen except message like
>
>You feel a strange sense of lost.

	All that I can figure out is that there is a certain chance
that you will be able to activate it.  All I can say to you is keep at
it, eventually it will work.
# All that is gold does not glitter,	    # ARPA: warren@ll-xn.arpa        #
#  Not all those who wander are lost;	    # UUCP: seismo!ll-xn!warren      #
# The old that is strong does not whither,  # CSNET:ll-xn%warren@CSNET-RELAY #
#  Deep roots are not reached by the frost. # BITNET:ll-xn%warren@WISCVM     #

herbie@polaris.UUCP (Herb Chong) (03/08/86)

>>>4) What do you do with the artifacts?  I have tried everything I could
>>>	think of, but nothing happens.
>>try the activate/apply command 'A'.
>	Yes, but what is supposed to happen, I have tried everything after
>activating them, but nothing seems to happen except message like

you obviously haven't tried more than once.