[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] GIF viewers

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (05/06/88)

davidg@janus.UUCP (David Gaertner) writes:
>(William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
>>(David Gaertner) writes:
>>>(bill davidsen) writes:

	[ the usual fun stuff...]

>When I got one of the GIF viewers, I was glad that a poster also posted
>a sampler.

I tried something called showgif that showed up hereabouts, a CGA viewer.
It went loony; I think it's writing to some wrong memory, or never getting
to the point of switching video buffers, or something, but I'm just guessing.

Anybody get a working copy?  How big was the .arc file?  And what WAS that
wierd stuff at the beginning of the uuencoded file?  (Maybe that wasn't quite
uuencoding????)

>could have used a little more elaboration.  Apologies to those
>affronted.  (Why didn't I just follow my .signature comment?)

[ Do you know your signature is appearing twice? ]

~~~~
"I've been trying to remember whether I was stoned tonight."	- Zonker

davidsen@steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) (05/10/88)

I couldn't get the CGA viewer to work, either. I was on a stock XT with
real CGA. No compatibility problems here.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)